Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheater banned from 50k tournament

Options
  • 07-03-2008 6:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=94170

shocking stuff and a top player too, wonder who it was ;)

wonder if he posts on here all righteous and better ...lol from other forums that have threads seems his attitude and arrogance carried everywhere with him.

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

My initialy suspicions seem to be escalating that it was a member who used to post on this site for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

kensutz wrote: »
    My initialy suspicions seem to be escalating that it was a member who used to post on this site for a while.

oh he did.

kdjac

I had some "nice" conversations with him, I might invite him here to share his opinions on this but I bet he'll ignore all my invitations.

Turns out a mate of his hung him out to dry :D

he wouldnt play me cos i wanted to be West Ham (i know lads i would have thrashed him and been crowned King of the World)

http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showthread.php?t=46691

kdjac

• Advertisement

From his team mate Wallace:
    It is very scary playing a 50k single elimination game online, I had 2 knockout games

I was shaking so bad I couldn't even play friendlies before it lol again anyone sensible had video camera or screenshots saver ready in advance in case you're opponent was going to be a sneaky mofo and cheat you, which I'm sure for 50k some would

Rob simply got scared, he could a won vs Sykes legit, but had it all planned out to cheat him, he made photos in advanced made a master plan and got caught simple..

I got sent the evidence and gave it to the admins, I wasn't going to sweep it under the rug, I did tell some people what happened, I apologies for that guess am just a big gossip

I thought he would get kicked from play.com, didnt expect a 1 year ban.

I am Rob team mate, not robs friend, never trusted him since at pes6 he was doing funny buisness against me when we were rivals going for that number 1 spot and saying bad things behind my back, offline he is cool but online he is arrogant and talks down to people, talks behinds peoples backs, disrespects everyone who aint his close mates like Marko and Crisps thats why they are loyal the know the Rob outside of pes who is a nice guy

Rob should just admit what he has done and say sorry and let it be, m

http://community.matchbox360.co.uk/showthread.php?&t=5726

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Alright lads how are ya's, sent him this message on PES Rankings;

`Alright pal, what you up ta? Doing much? You up for a game on the PS3 sometime? I found this somewhere, take a look;

"Konami and Play.com have relegated one of the top ranked players in their Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 competition from leader to loser.

The accused played and beat his upcoming opponent in a friendly two days prior to the ranked match, and then tried to post these results as the official outcome of the tie.

But Konami spotted the two day-old timestamp on the file and subsequently removed him from the GBP 50,000 cash prize tournament. Whoops.`

It later went on to say he was from this website, wonder what gobshìte did that?!"

Pointless message

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

KdjaCL wrote: »
    kensutz wrote:
    oh he did.

kdjac
    Who is it? Do tell gents, name and shame :)

Rob "the knob" Mclean

• Advertisement

I had some "nice" conversations with him, I might invite him here to share his opinions on this but I bet he'll ignore all my invitations.
    Pointless message
    Okay then, you want to see his opinions on this, isn't that true? But yet I'm doing that but you're ridiculing it... Mmm, right-o... :confused:

kensutz wrote:
    Rob "the knob" Mclean
    Ah oK, just read that old PES5 XBox Comp thread he posted on. Seemed like he had a good thing going with all the sponsership, hotels etc.. Shame he felt the need to cheat...

Can I have a link to that thread please?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Rob McLean is the cheater?:eek:

Nailz wrote: »
    Can I have a link to that thread please?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=52088422&postcount=60

Regards.

Cheer's SK, "2 easy players in the Euro Championships"... so easy you have to cheet! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

that's hilarious. what a sap. if youre the best surely you shuoldnt cheat.

That is too fùcking true Evad...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

can i ask

how exactly did he cheat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Played the guy he was to play in the first round in a friendly before the official game; beat him and tried to use the score as proof he won the official game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

if he beat him once, why not just do it again, clearly capable?

if he beat him once, why not just do it again, clearly capable?
    He tryed to be smart, so just incase he bottled it and lost, he used that anyway. A wee bit brain dead when he didn't realise your man was going to report it. :pac:

Nailz wrote: »
    He tryed to be smart, so just incase he bottled it and lost, he used that anyway. A wee bit brain dead when he didn't realise your man was going to report it. :pac:

Robs mate reported him not the other guy, the other said nowt till after the banning.

kdjac

Robs mate reported him not the other guy, the other said nowt till after the banning.

kdjac
    Really... How did he find out?

There's threads about it on Evo-Web and PESFan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Quite sad that he had to resort to such behaviour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

kdjac
    teammate; not necessarily friend from the other sites it's reported on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

I am finding this very hard to believe so just to get this straight.

50K Comp
    He beats yer man 4-0 in a friendly and is due to play him in the first round.
    Instead of paying the match he submits the 4-0 score and yer man dosent realise that the game has been played and he is out of the 50K comp untill some time later when Robs mate drops him in it...
    So Rob McClean still has only just got trough the first round and taught he would get away with it. :confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

He deserves the year ban, and if he got away with it he could of taking 50K from someone who actually had skill and determination to get it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement