Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hi-Tech Marketing

• 07-03-2008 6:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Im picking a hi-tech company/service to do a project on.. Any Ideas?? Cant Pick Ebay, Apple , microsoft .. Was going to pick sony but found out someone is doint them :(:( Thinking of Nokia.. Going with " Innovation In Nokia" as a topic ?? Any Ideas are much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭m_stan

salesforce.com ? Easy choice for a marketing subject. But then I would say that, as I work in marketing at salesforce.com :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Bang and Olufsen, Lernout and Hauspie (great case study in when things go wrong), Iona (good Irish example), Borland/Inprise/Borland/CodeGear (same company, had disastrous marketing and kept changing name).

Oracle would be an interesting example too, as it was always said of them that they were primarily a marketing company who produced software on the side.

From a case-study point of view it's always interesting to look at a situation where things went wrong as you can always infer the lessons that could be learnt.

To be honest, Nokia sounds like a pretty safe and uninteresting choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

yeah but it has to go with a topic. i would like something familiar with everyone. Yeah i know, Nokia does sound pretty predictable. I Think Amazon would be a nice one??

BTW: Sorry but should have mentioned that it has to be a sucessful one:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 169 ✭✭nuttlys

rob, from your name I assume your in dcu.

your brief is too wide to get a get an accurate reply here (how much is this project worth? how much time do you expect to put into it?). I would recommend looking into fastest rising Irish tech firms, mainly because there is a very good chance of you actually getting some primary research regarding the development of the firm. But then again if you only need secondary research you'll want a company that has been analysed time and time again.

Advertisement