Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring Break

Options
  • 07-03-2008 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭

I know I'm not a yank but we're off and its during spring. Woooooooo.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭PennyLane

I am! WOO! ::gets sloppily drunk and flashes sketchy cameramen::

No, but seriously, thank god. I don't know about the rest of you but I'm sure glad to get a break. Also, when do classes actually resume?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

25th March. Day after Easter Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Gay to that I have 15000 words to write in the next two weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

Oh lots of lovely time off to relax and write my thesis :(
    Being a post-grad sucks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

I'm glad of the 2 week break, but anyone miss the days when we used to get a 3 week break in March. Granted we came back earlier in January, but I much preferred that. It meant that I could take a week off to relax (and watch Cheltenham!) and could then use the other 2 weeks to do course work (and maybe catch up on revision, if I was lucky! :) )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Oh lots of lovely time off to relax and write my thesis :(
    Being a post-grad sucks

15000 words in the next two weeks. Im banking on the hope that I wont have such pressure as a postgrad. So being a final year modularised student sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

WOOOOooo HooooOOOoooo!!! Ah break :) Now to figure what has been going on in class for the past 7 weeks... :( and to write the 4th year thesis thing up. *sigh*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Way to the hey. I'ma going to America on monday, so for me Spring Break is appropriate!

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

yeehaa!
    I know not all americans are cowboys but who cares two weeks off!

Yes, we are. Yee haw.

Raphael, where abouts are you headed?

• Advertisement

Virginia

The cowboy references are particularly appropriate, then, I suppose.

Cowboys? Virginia? Really? WOuld have thought it was a bit too far east and north for that sort of thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

i am going to be kind to myself and give myself Monday off

but then its library on Tuesday morning with my goal to complete all my wanky coursework and readings finished by the Friday so i can have all the alcohol and drugs i want during the the second week

this plan is so destined to fail!

Raphael wrote: »
    Cowboys? Virginia? Really? WOuld have thought it was a bit too far east and north for that sort of thing.

General Robert E. Lee, the guy in charge of the Confederate Army during our Civil War, was from Virginia, among other high-ranking military officials. Richmond, VA, was gonna be their capital.

Oh wait, I'm confusing cowboys and rednecks again. They don't have cattle in Virginia so much as tobacco. Copious amounts of tobacco. And pickup trucks. And Confederate flags. And an ex-boyfriend.

Have fun!

Oh boy, that's a way to make enemies. WEST Virginia is inbred hick country. Virginia is significantly less and takes huge offence to being confused with west virginia.

And I intend to. Yee-haw, Hi-ho Heath Ledger, away!

No no no, I know the difference between West Virginia and Virginia. West Virginia actually seceded from the rest of Virginia in order to stay with the Union. Their problem is that they're all the Appalachian mountains, meaning they're hillbillies. Virginia's still full of rednecks. Cowboys, however, are out in the square states further west. It's all about nuance.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭the evil lime

Raphael wrote: »
    Yee-haw, Hi-ho Heath Ledger, away!

I think I may be the only one who gets that reference. Everyone else probably just thinks you're quite odd... which, granted, you are.

*slap* for coming up with that in the first place

Really? Because my Virginian fiancée has told me that West Virginia is Hickland. Why would she lie? =(

TEL: I try

It is hick-land. Hicks and hillbillies and massive inbredness. But that doesn't mean Virginia doesn't have rednecks.

And I got the reference; I just tried not to. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

It doesn't feel like spring break.. I walked into college yesterday to do some study and didnt realise the first half of term ended last Friday until I rang someone to see if they wanted to go get lunch. erk. :(

Advertisement