Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

32" LCD ~ €500 - Recommendations?

• 07-03-2008 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭

Hi, looking to buy a reasonable 32" LCD as a present. Was going to get Pixmania LG for €499, but out of stock now:(
    Looking for recommendations please! Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

I'm also in the market for a 32" at the moment. I'm considering a 32" JVC(http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...text%3EJVC.htm) I'd be buying it from Argos in Northern Ireland ( as Irish stores are always out of stock + it's €611 here). Mainly swung by the 5 year warranty on it & price (€530). Can't find any reviews online for it thou.

Had also been considering the 32" Mirai in Tesco. I have heard great reviews on it,but then I saw it and it looks terrible.

I'm not keen on buying a LCD online, as I would be worried about damage, and returns...etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Zilog wrote: »
    Hi, looking to buy a reasonable 32" LCD as a present. Was going to get Pixmania LG for €499, but out of stock now:(
    Looking for recommendations please! Thanks.

That LG is great value. I 'd say just wait till it comes back into stock.The price may even drop while you are waiting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

This Samsung is not bad, a bit over your budget thou. (price is up and down everyday)

http://www.laptopsdirect.ie/asp/tvs.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Zilog

Zonda999 wrote: »
    That LG is great value. I 'd say just wait till it comes back into stock.The price may even drop while you are waiting
    Thanks all,

Ended up going for LG 32LC52 from Komplett.ie for €539 incl. PRF. However, delivery a lot cheaper with Komplett than Pixmania - €12.50 via An Post, so total works out about €551.50. :)

Let you know how TV is after I receive it!

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Zilog

Ordered the LG from Komplett last Monday, received last Friday in good condition.

Nice looking set, piano black a la Samsung. Spent a few minutes setting up, very clear picture of UPC basic analogue, all seems OK for now! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

Qwerty? wrote: »
    I'm also in the market for a 32" at the moment. I'm considering a 32" JVC(http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...text%3EJVC.htm) I'd be buying it from Argos in Northern Ireland ( as Irish stores are always out of stock + it's €611 here). Mainly swung by the 5 year warranty on it & price (€530). Can't find any reviews online for it thou.

I went ahead and bought this JVC last weekend. Very pleased with it, SD picture quality excellent, and the HD quality is superb. Can't find fault with it at all. £399 sterling price only valid until end of this month afaik.

Advertisement