Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scholars Restaurant Gourmet Evening ???

Options
  • 07-03-2008 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has tried Scholars Gourmet Evening in Drogheda?

Heard mixed reviews and I think it's €75.00 a head so wondering if anyone else can tell me if you tried it and what you thought!

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Never heard of it. What's it about, is it a sampling menu?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

It's a 7 course menu with a different wine with each course for €75.00. Tuesday nights I think.

It's just that a couple I know went the other night and weren't overly impressed. Apart form the lobster bisque which was delish!!

Steak was one course and one got a nice tender steak but the other was tough as old boot!

There was an inoffensive sorbet course I think... and something weird and jelly-like for another course!

They've nothing on the website but should get a look at the sample menu in a day or two and will report back!!! ;)

Good stuff. It does sound like a sampling menu so. Very reasonable at €75. Look forward to the report.

Trying to attach the sample menu but no idea if it'll work or not!!! :confused:

I think it worked!! Can you see it?

• Advertisement

I can see it alright. It looks fantastic. Did you try it yet?

Advertisement