Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

firewall blocking music stream

Options
  • 07-03-2008 7:38pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I recently got an internet radio that also allows for music streaming over a wireless network.

It seems relatively easy to set up but my firewall is stopping me from streaming the music - when I turn the firewall off it connects to my laptop's catalogue no problem but once I switch it on it won't.

The firewall seems to be blocking the UDP connection coming from the radio and I can't figure out how to unblock it - when I try to change the settings for the wifi connection in the firewall it won't let me "allow" UDP connections, where it lets me allow or block other types of IP protocols.

The firewall is McAfee Firewall V3, the radio is a Freecom Musicpal and the laptop's running on WinXP SP2.

I'm certain that it's a firewall issue as it all works fine once the firewall is switched off - but obvious leaving it off would be a bad idea!

Anyone know what you need to do to allow the connection through? Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

I just ended up getting a newer version of the McAfee firewall and it worked fine from scratch.. it might have even worked had I just uninstalled and reinstalled the one I had, but there you go!

Advertisement