Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Toronto...where to stay?

• 07-03-2008 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Myself and two of my freinds...well one anyway, are going to toronto this summer and were wondering if anyone could tell me a good spot to stay and about how much would be reasonable for a two bedroom apartment? or even any good info on nightlife, jobs etc would be much appreciated!

Thanks a million

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Timmy_d

you should try get an apt around pape/greenwood area its only about 5 or 6 stops on subway from young n bloor(5 mins)...its also a safe area with lots of irish around prob lookin at $600 to $700 for apt just pick up toronto star when u get over lots around really...as for jobs try irish pubs/restaurants u know urself,ul have a class time its a very cool city...if u have any more questions feel free...

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭j22

There is plenty of places to stay in and around University of Toronto. There is student dorms for about $600 a month. We stayed in a frat house. I think this is the best idea. We got to know loads of Canadians and there was a beer machine in the frat which is really handy cos the beer stores only open till about 9 or10 and your stuck after that.

U of T is pretty much down town. There is a lot of frats around the bloor street area between st George and Spadina and the dorms around this area as well. Our rent was only like $1300 a month between 7 of us and we had two massive bedrooms.

Also I have a number of a guy who employs a load of Irish fellas every summer. Work is fairly hard but he treats you well enough and he also does jobs in Ottawa Montreal.

I got an all expenses trip paid to Montreal staying in a 4 star hotel
    Anyway if you want any more information PM me. How I wish I was on my way again this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 raver22

Hey j22 just wondering how you went about getting accom in a frat house was it through d net or just when you got over there? thanks.

Advertisement