Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Western Star?

Options
  • 07-03-2008 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭

Someone told me last night they saw the Western Star being loaded up with drink?

Anyone heard anything about this? I was inder the impression it was being turned into a health centre

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

i thought it was just the back of it where they used have the beer garden yokey that the health centre there and when it was all structurally sound etc that the star would re open? pretty funny having a medical centre behind a student bar some may call it irony???

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

chuci wrote: »
    i thought it was just the back of it where they used have the beer garden yokey that the health centre there and when it was all structurally sound etc that the star would re open? pretty funny having a medical centre behind a student bar some may call it irony???

Makes perfect sense for a place that openly encourages dancing on tables!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

razorblunt wrote: »

touche:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

razorblunt wrote: »
    I was always wondering how much their insurance cost

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I was always wondering how much their insurance cost

There must be a waiver when you buy your first drink that's hidden or something!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Anyone know about the possible re-opening so?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I was passing it yesterday, and there's planning permission up for a 3 story financial services place. That doesn't sound to me like it'll reopen as a pub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

Saw that in a paper about the financial servics centre (does that mean bank?)It said a decision on the planning permission is due in April.

Advertisement