Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

I'm probably going to get banned for this, but.....................................

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BnA

MentalMickey, ring Hibernian back up. Don't forget benifits... What are the benifits of the Hibernian policy and what are the benifits of the FBD policy. I wouldn't care how much I was paying if I was getting no claims bonus protection!!

Benifits...Smenifits....!!!!!

Benifits are only makey uppey rubbish spouted by insurance companies to make people pay more for their insurance.

Insurance is not like a physical commodity where the cheapest is not necessairly the best. For example, if you buy a cheap car stereo, chances are the sound will be smap.

But insurance is very simple. It is a bit of paper you stick on your windscreen to allow you legally drive on the road. Find the cheapest possible quote you can and go with it. End of story IMO.

Now, don't even get me started on Travel Insurance....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

BnA wrote: »
    Benifits...Smenifits....!!!!!

Benifits are only makey uppey rubbish spouted by insurance companies to make people pay more for their insurance.

I'd say free windscreen cover and step-back/protected NCB are two benefits worth having; wouldn't you?

Like all insurance - it only becomes worth it if you need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭chubba1984

BnA, you are obviously one of these people who drive around, never thinking about the possibility of being involved in an accident/crash. I was one of those until last year when I paid the price for overconfidence and wrote off my car. Delighted I was with Hibernian because the claims process was very transparent, fair and efficient. I was back on the road in a new car within 2 weeks having everything sorted out.

My first cousin, who is with another insurer, who was in another crash still hasn't got paid 3 months later. It isn't all about the lowest quote and putting a piece of paper on the window. When you cause €11,000 worth of damage to a car, lets hear what you have to say about benefits not being important.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

cjt156 wrote: »
    I'd say free windscreen cover and step-back/protected NCB are two benefits worth having; wouldn't you?

Like all insurance - it only becomes worth it if you need it.

What about the free breakdown assist? I know a good few people that have benefittted from this?

Or what about a free rental car for the duration your own car is out of operation?? Not worth having??

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

snyper wrote: »
    Im happy with Hibernian
    I have been happy with them too until Quinn offered me a big reduction.
    When I went back to Hib to see if they would match it the girl said they couldn't and to go with Quinn for now. She said Hib would welcome me back if I decided to change back in the future. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BnA

chubba1984 wrote: »
    BnA, you are obviously one of these people who drive around, never thinking about the possibility of being involved in an accident/crash. I was one of those until last year when I paid the price for overconfidence and wrote off my car. Delighted I was with Hibernian because the claims process was very transparent, fair and efficient. I was back on the road in a new car within 2 weeks having everything sorted out.

My first cousin, who is with another insurer, who was in another crash still hasn't got paid 3 months later. It isn't all about the lowest quote and putting a piece of paper on the window. When you cause €11,000 worth of damage to a car, lets hear what you have to say about benefits not being important.
    Are you saying you would you pay extra to be with one insurace company over another because they would pay out a claim faster.

IMO that's simply nuts.

RE other Benifits....

24 hour breakdown assist...? This is the only one that I would say might possibly be of some use to you. But, if you want this, instead of paying your insurer an extra few hundred quid, join the AA. They're the experts at it.

Windscreen cover....? Biggest joke ever. How much is a new windscreen going to cost you....? Is it worth paying a few hundred quid extra every single year just to stay with a company who are giving you windscreen cover ? It is in it's orse....?

Free car rental while your car is out of action. Again, is it worth paying a few hundred quid every single year of your life for ?

IMO. Insurance is all about gambling. The vast vast majority of people will lose money on their insurance. i.e. You will spend more money on insurance that it will pay out to you. So, the less things you have insured, the more money you will save.

When it comes to something important like my familys health or our house, I'm not going to take a gamble. Insure them up and cover all eventualities.

But windscreens.....?????

My way of buying car Insurance is simple. Price around and get the cheapest quote. The only time I might take a look at the small print is if I had two quotes almost the same and I had to pick between the two.

The decision wheather to go Fully Comp ar 3rd party is down to the value of the car. I would go 3rd party for anything less than 5k (ish)

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Dampsquid

When an insurance company gives you a quote, then they match a much cheaper quote from someone else. Why do people stay with their original insurer, they just tried to rip you off. Why give them your business.

Advertisement