Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JFrame Background

Options
  • 07-03-2008 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭

This is my first semester doing Java Swing and awt, GUI related Java.

I know you can change the background colour of a JFrame with the awt component class method setBackground().

Does anyone know a method to make a image the background on a JFrame.

Ialso dont wont to use the same class for the GUI design and the actual functionality eg events can i seperate them out into seperate classes and passs them in using inheritance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

cyberwit wrote: »
    This is my first semester doing Java Swing and awt, GUI related Java.

I know you can change the background colour of a JFrame with the awt component class method setBackground().

Does anyone know a method to make a image the background on a JFrame.

Ialso dont wont to use the same class for the GUI design and the actual functionality eg events can i seperate them out into seperate classes and passs them in using inheritance

Hey I haven't worked with Java or Swing in a while so I don't know if you can setBackground to an image directly. But one solution is to just draw the background image at the very start by calling the DrawImage function or whatever it's called.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭ronivek

You can just use something like a JLabel to display an image; you shouldn't really be using JFrames just to display a background image.

I would strongly suggest checking out the Swing tutorial on the Sun website; http://java.sun.com before getting really stuck in.

Advertisement