Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ye all probably know about this though, GTA and GTA2 free to download

• 07-03-2008 9:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭

Yeah I know this news is out ages however, just incase some of ye's didnt know

http://www.rockstargames.com/classics/gta.html

Great way to waste time during computer class in school :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tomred1

Wasn't aware of that. Thanks for the info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

Does GTA I work on XP? I own a version I bought when the game was first released but can't get the damn thing working right, even with DOS-Box. I'd love to be able to play it again. What a game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i've got gta 1 and 2 working on vista64bit so should in theory run on xp. although i'm playing them through steam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭iFight

Mac version?

Cool, okay. I have it downloading currently anyway. I may reply back if I get it working.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

`Just installed it on XP and it ran fine.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Wow, thanks!

I used to love GTA1!

jonny24ie wrote: »
    `Just installed it on XP and it ran fine.

I installed it too (on XP) but it ran just like the version I have on CD (That I bought it the shops years ago) - i.e. it ran slowly!

What could the problem be I wonder...? My machine is more than capable of running a game like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Just downloading it now.

But why do they ask for your address and all that? I assume it's just to send you promotions???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭1408

Excellent man thanks, I remember this game well, its been so long since I played this Id forgotten. Anyone else rememember the London add on pack?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

Score..
    Gouranga Here I come..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Just downloaded this on Vista, when I tried to extract files from the download it wouldn't work and when I tried to just run it it asked for a username and password. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? (please keep in mind, I'm a technological retard so it could be something very simple)

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Thanks for the info.
    I'm gonna try and finish the first GTA game again.
    Man, that **** was tough.
    You spin your multiplier up, then die, you might have to start the game again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

Download Gamehunter to play it online,

http://gtamp.com/gta2.php#GH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Any Mac version??

Advertisement