Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nipple piercing advice please!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

got both my nipples done didnt really notice much of a lack of sensation to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Can I just throw in a question here as well ? Doesnt merit a thread of its own.

I've been considering getting my nipple pierced too - but I dont have very prominent nipples, even when they are aroused/cold. Could this make a difference or should I just go to my local piercer and see what they have to say ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

It will definetly give them a more perky state. It won't make a difference when piercing them but as I said will give them a more defined look, whether you want that or not I dunno.

Not that wouldnt really make a big difference to me. I just wasnt sure if it was possible to pierce "Flat" nipples or not, thanks Wilburt.

They wouldnt be more likely to reject for those flat nipples would they ?

Nah nipples very rarely reject, they're tough lil things! wouldnt worry about it :)

• Advertisement

Sweet, thanks for the help Wilburt !

No worries.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dellboy2007

I've had my nipple pierced for two years now and i think the skin where it's pierced has shortened considerably. My piercing is nearlly always hanging down now on one side. I have to kind of push it across if you catch my drift. Is this normal? Should i take it out before my nipple falls off.

Obviously there is still a "nice" bit of skin there but when i got it done i couldn't see much of the bar now i can see a lot!

Nipple piercings can change angle over time, mine did. to fix this you can put in a captive bead ring but it isnt guaranteed to fix the issue. your nipple wont fall off lol

your nipple swelled a lot when you first got it pierced like everyones. its most likely fully healed now, so maybe a shorter barbell is in order or as i said the captive bead ring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Weidii

This is probably a silly question, but would nipple piercings affect breastfeeding later in life?

• Advertisement

Depends how old you are when you get em pierced and how deep they are pierced as far as i know. Generally if theyre done well shouldnt effect breastfeeding. just take out the bars when feeding the kid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

shouldnt affect breast feeding at all.just take it out before you begin

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

Weidii wrote: »
    This is probably a silly question, but would nipple piercings affect breastfeeding later in life?

yes, it can. what age are you? according to steve in snakebite anyway, (who i would trust more than about any other piercer i've met), women's nipples are still developing in late teens, and getting it pierced before 20/21ish is potentially harmful. after that, get it done by a good piercer and you're sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Cherryvega

Really? That's mad I didn't actually think the piercing went deep enough to affect it. :D

it doesnt really, but because you're still developing up to a certian age, stuff is moving around inside and the piercing there can damage it. least, that's what steve in snakebite told me, so i took mine out, and have decided to get mine done for my 21st birthday, when it's definitely safe :P

Hey, sorry to bump this thread but i just wanted to check in and say thanks again to Wilburt for the advice - got both my nipples done in Yakuza, Waterford today. First piercings. Heres hoping they heal up alright. Starting to get a bit tender now. I'd say trying to sleep with them tonight will be tough.

Ill be interested to see my g/f's reaction, she didnt know I was getting them done :D:pac:

haha thanks a lot, there were others here too who contributed also, theyre to be thanked too :)

make sure you dont tell your other mates, they'l nipple cripple you, you've not felt pain like it yet... :p

yep, nipple piercings are ot be kept secret at all costs, especially for guys. for the good of the piercing.

Advertisement