Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Two minutes to spare?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭nikimere

This is a motorsport forum... not a "boy-racer" forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 student86

nikimere wrote: »
    This is a motorsport forum... not a "boy-racer" forum.

Yes well observed, I'm not calling anyone a boy racer I'm asking peoples opinions on the topic. If you read the survey correctly you would realise that. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

student86 wrote: »
    Yes well observed, I'm not calling anyone a boy racer I'm asking peoples opinions on the topic. If you read the survey correctly you would realise that. :p

TBH I read the survey and I agree. Irrespective of the intentions, it really belongs in modified motors. Or to be more specific and helpful, you will get a greater response there.

I answered the questions, which was hard to do as there is a world of a difference between what is percived to be boyracers and race drivers.
    TBH most of us have pretty mundane road cars :)

EG "5) Do you think the term 'Boy Racer' is a fair name for car enthusiasts?" I see them as two separate groups so I dont really have an answer.

Also I dont have any alterations made to my car per se, unless a forthcoming baby seat counts. So my answer is going to innacurate for your stats there.

Anyway, pm a mod and have them move the thread, I think you get a lot more replies on modified motors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭nikimere

^^ what he said! ;)

Ah, just looked up you other posts, you already have a post on the other board :)

Some of the guys there might be able to send you to other sites too that could help out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 student86

Ah, just looked up you other posts, you already have a post on the other board :)

Some of the guys there might be able to send you to other sites too that could help out.

Yes, I posted it in that section last week. I do realise the differences, I've been studyin this topic for five months now.
    Regarding your concerns over question five, the reason I ask this question is to see do you think this is a fair name, because the media generalise people who are interested in cars by tarring everyone with the term 'Boy Racer'. So i'm merely looking for your opinion on whether you think this is fair or not.
    Thanks for your opinion though, every opinion counts in my research :D

because the media generalise people who are interested in cars by tarring everyone with the term 'Boy Racer'. So i'm merely looking for your opinion on whether you think this is fair or not.
    Thanks for your opinion though, every opinion counts in my research

I wouldnt say all people interested in cars. Just the ones that insist on tarting up road cars ;)

Not all of them drive like idiots of course, but the rep is there for a reason. Perception is reality and all that. Thing that bothers me the most idiots with 4" exhausts on a car that has a 1.25" inlet and idiots that race on the road.

I cant answer your question I guess. It depends on the person they are talking about, in my (subjective) opinioin, most of the tarted cars driving around are driven by overly agressive idiot drivers, of course theres a couple of drivers that drive like that without the tarted cars, but again, to reiterate, in my experience, its mosly drivers in tarted up cars, and most tarted up cars I see are driven in a way that just not appropiate for the road.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

High performance cars don't belong on a public road, they belong on a track.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 panelb/sprayer

need more tracks for people to do that like what they did up in donegal.everyone be happen then only here in wexford there is car parks no wounder people are giving out not as much as there was though
    thanks eoin .good survey though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,593 ✭✭✭✭vectra

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I didnt see an option for how many Vtec stickers do you have attached to your car :D Their is a big difference between a car entusiast and a boy racer, the majority of boy racers I have met know little about cars and worse still have zero ablitity to drive. They think just because the can do 200km/h on a straight empty motorway that they are the biz.

*rant over*

Hahahah
    Couldnt have put it better myself :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement