Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fiat Punto Problems 06 1.2 grande

Options
  • 07-03-2008 10:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭

Anyone can throw light on this would be nice.

Relation of mine has 06 Punto. Has been nothing but trouble. Countless trips back to main dealer. It cut out one night on the motorway. The whole car just died. Endless calls to AA to come out a jump start car.

Battery has been replaced twice. Altenator replaced. CPU re-programmed. Front left wheel locks up now and again in driveway. (Car won't move)
    Passenger Door lock replaced. Passenger window mech. replaced.

So any suggestions? I suggested a box of matches:p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Keep getting it repaired by the dealer for as long as the warranty is valid, then when the warranty runs out, keep getting it repaired and paying for it.

Or buy something else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

This car was bought from new so there is a 4 year warranty on it. Looks like they'll be getting the full milage out of that:D

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

as long as it's under warranty it's not so bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

I suppose if it's still under warranty it might be best to put up with it, especially if it shows any signs of improvement.

That and buy a set of jump leads.

Advertisement