Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

right lesson learned....... don't provoke the petrolheads

Options
  • 07-03-2008 11:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

you will be paying mad money for a little piece of paper to put in your window cause if you were to have a bump, your insurance would be void.
    insurance companies love guys like you, so would i if you gave me a couple of grand for nothing, which is what you will have

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

doesnt matter what is wrote in the log book, you should insure it as a WRX, if you dont, you might as well not insure it at all and save your money because the policy wont be worth the paper its printed on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

might as well just buy a GL so coz the minute they see turbo im fcuked anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Oilrig

Trying to get a NCT for a "GL" when presenting a WRC could be interesting too...

OP, those days are gone, we're like the Germans now...

Do it right.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Oilrig

itsallaboutheL

Given your stated occupation. I am saddened.

I thought we'd moved on from the stroke politics...

Seems like you are of the do as Ì say and ignore what I do school...

Shorthand... no respect

that my friend is a bit harsh, i was just diggin for info, tbh i've never got this whole log book thing and just wanted to see if it was a big deal. i know SFA about cars but a few a the lads in the know are always goin on about 1.3 on log book 2.0l etc. i didnt appreciate that comment at all tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

itsallabouttheL...........tell me the L in your screen name isn't for 'Law'

tbh, if you have got into the gaurds, it begs thh question: are there no standards, anymore? Not even for grammar? I say this because the law is a technical instrument, and a none-too-subtle one either. I'm just waiting for you to graduate Templemore and out your first summons........for some barrister to rip it to shreds in front of a judge on a technicality.

And, if you're so un-clued to cars, you're obviously un-clued on the Road Traffic Act too. This does not bode well for the future......

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

that my friend is a bit harsh, i was just diggin for info, tbh i've never got this whole log book thing and just wanted to see if it was a big deal. i know SFA about cars but a few a the lads in the know are always goin on about 1.3 on log book 2.0l etc. i didnt appreciate that comment at all tbh

I see you got the guard speak off allready " i didnt appreciate that comment"
    tbh you admitted your a trainee garda and here you are asking how to Illegally register and insure a car...cop on and dont be makin a fool out of yourself, keep your personal details to a min.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

right lesson learned....... don't provoke the petrolheads?
    lesson learned......avoid making more of a fool of yourself by deleting your posts more like!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

/me is very disappointed with itsallaboutheL

You know I'm just a regular poster outside of the forum I moderate but I have to say that this post was irresponsible.

You've just taken a broad sword to the hard work of Gardai out there who are trying to change public perception of their image.

I have strong views on this. Take everything people have to say on the chin.

You get no sympathy from me.

Release the hounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

I thought he mentioned about being a memebr of the law, but was he not just asking for an opinion on what he/she was going to do.

Maybe im just confused and misreading but he was asking about how you went about changing this or since it was misregistered what impact will it have on him.

Maybe iam wrong?! Don't mean to be offending people

appreciate it, but don't try they smell blood

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Difficult to decipher what's going on here what with the OP deleting most of his posts...

From what i can gather some meat-head trainee garda has an Impreza WRX and is fishing for info amongst the 'petrolheads' as to how he can scam his insurance and cover it as a 1.3GL or somesuch. Correct?:confused:

I'm just laughing that everyone is so shocked! Guards are people too - good and bad. I know of a few people who got into Templemore who are pure scum though - makes it hard for me to trust 'em TBH and - unless I knew them - I'd be thinking twice about going to them with a problem...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 65,414 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

pburns wrote: »
    Difficult to decipher what's going on here what with the OP deleting most of his posts...

A case of "only <insert tiny engine without turbo here> in the logbook"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement