Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice from Giant SCR owners.

Options
  • 07-03-2008 11:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Folks,
    I'm looking at investing in my first road bike. I have seen the Giant SCR LTD 2007 for what seems like a great price. However they only have the 50cm frame left. According to the a guy I spoke to from winstanleys bikes 50 cm is the correct size for a my height (5'10'' 32'' inside leg). This is also confirmed by an SCR sizing chart on the tredz website.

Are there any Giant SCR owners of similar size (or of any size :D) who could advise me about the pros and cons of this size frame in an SCR. Any input would be gratefully appreciated.

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭TheBandit

I just bought a scr3 medium from wiggle.co.uk and it seems to fit fine. Its my first racer so I have nothing to compare it against but i've had no problems. I'm 5'10" also

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Marathon Man

I have that exact same bike- the scr ltd 2007. I am 6 foot tall and the bike is 55.5 and fits quite well. i'd say the 50 cm will be perfect for you. if you wanted to you could go to a bike shop and ask them to fit you and then you'll know for sure. as far as they know you intend to buy there anyway :D. My thoughts on the bike itself: it is a very good bike for the price i paid- over 900 euro, and even better for the price you can get it at. Go for it. Buy it before someone else does.

Advertisement