Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

central locking stuffed

Options
  • 07-03-2008 11:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi, does anybody know of any companies that repair door locks.My drivers door is completely jammed (it opens and closes grand, just not with the key)I have to open and close my car from the boot lock.Its a pain in the arse.Whats the damage likely to be.I dont fancy handing over all my cheltenham money :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Make/Model/Year?

try Steve Guard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 iamspartacus

its vw passat 98

• Registered Users Posts: 23 plunkettrebel

My parents had a 99 golf from new,it gave endless trouble wotht he door locks(+gearbox,faulty brakes,injector pump......). Any half decent mechanice will replace the door locks. Try spraying some wd40 in the barrell of the lock it might get it going Temporarily. This was a common fault with alot of Volkwagens, Seats and Skodas of that era

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 iamspartacus

thanks plunk thats all i needed to know if a mechanic could do it cos theres a couple of small things to be done and ill see if he can fix that as well

Advertisement