Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prsi

Options
  • 08-03-2008 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭

I have a question about PRSI and sole trading. I'm registering my business next week but I wont be trading for another 2 months at least. I want to know do I still have to pay PRSI even though I wont have an income for another 2 months?

Thanks

Comments

mondeo wrote: »
    I have a question about PRSI and sole trading. I'm registering my business next week but I wont be trading for another 2 months at least. I want to know do I still have to pay PRSI even though I wont have an income for another 2 months?

You are a self employed sole trader, and 2008 is your first year of trading. Right?

And I presume you are talking about your own PRSI, rather than employer PRSI for employees?

If those assumptions are valid, then I dont think you will have to pay PRSI until 31 October 2009 (at the latest), i.e. along with your tax payment for 2008.

Advertisement