Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roebuck Stabbing!

Options
  • 08-03-2008 12:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

Has anyone heard anything about the alleged stabbing incident that occured outside one of the blocks at Roebuck Hall? I've heard several rumors both yesterday and today but the stories seem to vary. I assume if this is for real it would have been reported in the papers...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Ambulance and Garda outside the library yesterday. RAs have said nothing if something happened

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭BlackMamba

Heard sirens around one night during the week. Which night was it meant to have happened??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 HoldOnTight

Wednesday I think...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

I heard the stabbing was an accident. There was a girl heard to be said "Put it away"; presumably she was talking about a knife. Blah blah blah messing etc. *BAM* stabbed

Yeah that was one of the versions I heard. There seemingly was a heated argument between two drunk chaps and then one of them went looking for a knife and came back to try to scare him away with it...things got out of hand...stabbed!

• Advertisement

If that is true UCD has really gone to shit. Kinves on campus being pulled out to "scare" someone. Im sure *if its true* it looks like

1) drunken fight
    2) guy goes to get knife
    3) guy gets stabbed
    4) sorry it was an accident
    5) but you went and got the knife and came back to the fight with a knife
    6) yeah but not to stab the fella
    7) sounds premeditated to me

will comment more when facts come out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

Yeah thats the version I heard.. wed afternoon, drunken argument outside roebuck.. guys goes up to his apartment to get a knife, stabs guy twice in the side from behind.. apparently he is in stable condition thank god, very serious wounds though.

****ing disgraceful. Scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,350 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

My roommate saw it happen. I was woken up by it, thinking it was just drunken people coming home. How wrong was I? Cant believe none of the residents have been officially told.

^^^ Agreed! I can't believe that the RAs have mentioned nothing about it!

Was there any mention of it in any of the school papers?

Im sure something will pop up but with such a serious incident there are all the legalities of actually reporting real news for the papers so you'll be looking at withholding names and police statements and not just hearsay.

Disgraceful that people like this got anyway near entering UCD and if not jailed at last expelled from the system accident or not.

G

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Grimes wrote: »
    Disgraceful that people like this got anyway near entering UCD and if not jailed at last expelled from the system accident or not.

G

Not sure how it could be prevented

I hope the person in question recovers

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

/Mod-hat on
    You've all been good so far, but I'm just reminding you all not to name anybody etc.
    Thanks
    /Mod-hat off

This is sad if its true, especially if its student-on-student violence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

anyone know what has happened to the c*nt responsible for this? have they been charged, locked up, booted out of res???

hope the victim recovers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

It hasn't been reported in the national media has it? Woulda thought they'd jump all over it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

DaveMcG wrote: »
    It hasn't been reported in the national media has it? Woulda thought they'd jump all over it....
    probably because it was a supposed accidental/drunken stabbing

or if you're really cynical about the media because it didn't happen in somewhere like Ballymun or Finglas

i'll go with a bit of both ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭scop

Now thats a bit out of the blue, but I don't think it means UCD has gone to **** so much as these things simply happen randomly from time to time. The stabber may very well be a smart, usually nice guy who pushed his drinking too far making the biggest mistake of his life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

scop wrote: »
    The stabber may very well be a smart, usually nice guy who pushed his drinking too far making the biggest mistake of his life.

That's funny, I've been stinking drunk to the stage of unconsciousness a few times in my life, pissed off and never really thought of stabbing anyone.

It's never the drink. Don't blame drink. It goes without saying that he/she should be expelled and quite obviously arrested for assault with a deadly weapon. They could probably go for attempted murder if it was shown that he went to get the knife with the intention of using it. And damn right they should.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

or if you're really cynical about the media because it didn't happen in somewhere like Ballymun or Finglas

yeah, the media really hate reporting on the crimes of the middle/upper middle classes. that hardly ever gets any air time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭scop

mloc wrote: »
    That's funny, I've been stinking drunk to the stage of unconsciousness a few times in my life, pissed off and never really thought of stabbing anyone.

It's never the drink. Don't blame drink. It goes without saying that he/she should be expelled and quite obviously arrested for assault with a deadly weapon. They could probably go for attempted murder if it was shown that he went to get the knife with the intention of using it. And damn right they should.

Oh, I'm not trying to excuse it. If this happened he did it and thats that. I'm just saying it'll probably turn out that he got into one of those heated drunken arguments and in a flash of madness did something like this. I don't think it makes a difference to the punishment deserved or anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

scop wrote: »
    Oh, I'm not trying to excuse it. If this happened he did it and thats that. I'm just saying it'll probably turn out that he got into one of those heated drunken arguments and in a flash of madness did something like this. I don't think it makes a difference to the punishment deserved or anything.
    Stabbing a someone in a flash of madness - plausible.
    Going up to ones apartment via stairs or lift, unlocking and opening the door, retreiving a knife, going back downstairs and stabbing someone in the back twice in a flash of madness? - ever so slightly less plausible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭analyse this

Supposedly the guy hasnt been seen since wednesday night. No one knows where he is!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

well Id imagine he's gone home to his family, I know I would

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭muboop1

on eng day(dont know exact date but few weeks back anyway) a guy tried to stab me... wondr if its same guy...

i was hammered in student bar as you do if ur an engineer on eng day, mates who were a couple had massive row, walked the lad to clonskee exit to get taxi, on way back passing the sports centre, i got milled to ground, managed to turn into a roll back up, and saw a blade swing at my chest... managed to turn it, hit him to ground kick him then run for life, scared **** out of me! guy almost got me! totaly unprovoked, didnt know who it was, no robbery or anything, he never even spoke, jus swung at me!

wonder if was same guy, he was never caught...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Apparently the residents of Roebuck were told to keep it quiet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

A fine job they're doing, may I say. Though really, if there's been a stabbing on campus, those who have to study there should be entitled to know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

I could imagine. What would it do to the Brady PR machine?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Cantab.

Heaven forbid UCD would find its way into the national press...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

How did you hear that? If its true then that is disgraceful, we are all adults, and old enough to know about these things.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,350 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

We werent told to keep it quiet, just never told about the incident in the first place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

I have heard that the victim isnt pressing any charges

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement