Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Young grannies

Options
  • 08-03-2008 1:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Are there any other young grannies out there who have young grandchild living with them?Have had to go through the wakeful nights and making up bottles again!Great fun!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

My parents were both 46 when they became grandparents for the first time - they love it and have plenty of energy to play with my daughter :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 sallyy44

does she live with your parents?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

My BF is about to become a grandfather - at 38 :eek:. He reckons I'm going to be a Grandmother by Proxy.

I think not...!

From the childs point of view having young Grandparents is great, but maybe not so cool for you OP (night feeds etc - lousey!). My dear Mum is in her mid 60s and loves her Grandkids to bits, but we've to be very careful not to overdo it, she does be exhausted after them. Having your own homes makes it alot easier, but the way things are at the moment, I guess alot of young parents have to live in the family home untill they get on their feet.

Make sure theres some boundaries though, Grandmas one thing, unpaid au pair is another!

Congrats Granny!! :D

Advertisement