Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

canteen

• 08-03-2008 1:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭

we all know that college food is interesting, whats it like in Carlow IT?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Bad, from what I hear :p, hence the reason why I dont eat in it :D, ah no, I havent heard great reports to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,686 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Its not the bang for your buck. If they dropped the prices a bit they could turn out ridiculous amounts of food, reap huge profits and fill my belly. Currently, there chips are less than good and every portion you get makes you feel robbed. The only thing I will buy on a regular basis is coffee and even then I use more packets of the instant than your meant to just for economy-sake.

WHERES MY PUB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Overheal wrote: »
    WHERES MY PUB.

the bull and castle, dublinia, april 4th. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,475 ✭✭✭RedXIV

you really are going for luck of the draw in the canteen. every now and again i go there and get food that i can't believe is qualified as "food" but once a blue moon, the cuisine can be excellent.

P.S. stay away from the hot dogs though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

And the burgers.

There have been a few nice things there, they had stew once, it wasn't half bad either.

• Advertisement

I liked their lasagne once... but alas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=85817
    by the way its bad started bad and has all ways been bad but thats what yea get with campbells prison food cattering

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭mada999

woodyg wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=85817
    by the way its bad started bad and has all ways been bad but thats what yea get with campbells prison food cattering

oh no you didn't :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭aynon

i, personally, find the food not bad, especially one of the servers keeps piling on the chips,(5scoops!it over flows on the plate!). the prices now, leave a bit to be desired, but, this is why we have a students union to change these things...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

mada999 wrote: »

blast from the past or WHAT??

• Advertisement

oh,no you didnt!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

mada999 wrote: »

oh yes i did!

meas mór an carlow possy!

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Lukekul

I regularly get the sausage, beans and chips mean with a bottle of coke - €4.50, not too bad by me :D

Lukekul wrote: »
    I regularly get sausage with coke - €4.50, not too bad by me :D
    what?:eek:

dO YOU realise just how much sausage you can buy at boscos for that much? And your paying how much... for TWO?

but the time, and effort and machinary that goes into it? that costs how much?
    And i dont think i have seen sausages that big down in boscos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

I remember one of the lads getting a bowl of soup, he pulled a hair the length of a small baby from it! From them on it was chicken and stuffing sandwiches from the shop for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 David15050

i think the breakfest is good value. dinners downstairs are arn't good value at all, aldo i think dinner upstairs are very good value, the food is of a good portion and is quiet tasty, thats all i expect for €5. O yea the plates and utensiles are never clean in the downstairs canteen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 lighterfox

aynon wrote: »
    but the time, and effort and machinary that goes into it? that costs how much?
    And i dont think i have seen sausages that big down in boscos

My mother works for a company that supplys camble catering, i happen to have a bag of the sausages in my frezer (it only cost 2 euro for about 30) and thay come precooked.
    Now i know thay need to make a profit but does it really cost that much to re-heat a sausage?

• Advertisement

cuse me while i run to the canteen....mmmm....sausage...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

The price of sausages have exploded recently, what with the oil crisis and all.

The sausages have exploded recently, what with the oil crisis and all.
    interesting.....exploding sausages...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

aynon wrote: »
    interesting.....exploding sausages...

proceeding on foot!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,309 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

David15050 wrote: »
    i think the breakfest is good value. dinners downstairs are arn't good value at all, aldo i think dinner upstairs are very good value, the food is of a good portion and is quiet tasty, thats all i expect for €5. O yea the plates and utensiles are never clean in the downstairs canteen
    The students from the place next to the college come into the downstairs place, so it's to drive them out. Always went upstairs if I was getting food, back in the day. Started making lunch @ house for a bit, but food there was convenient, so meh.

the_syco wrote: »
    The students from the place next to the college come into the downstairs place, so it's to drive them out. Always went upstairs if I was getting food, back in the day. Started making lunch @ house for a bit, but food there was convenient, so meh.

Frankly, thats a load of crap tbh. What business do those little fanta filled ****ers have inside the building anyway? I say kick em out on site.

Advertisement