Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Odyessey ( Question )

Options
  • 08-03-2008 2:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭

Just after checking this new game out on youtube . It says its a " turn based " game ?? What exactly does that mean :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

It means that in combat you take turns to attack each other.

So your character picks an attack/spell/item to use and he uses it.
    Then the enemy gets his "turn".

That's the basic idea. IE, your speed/accuracy doesn't factor into it as it would in Oblivion or Diablo.

Ever played a Final Fantasy game?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

In concept it could be likened to a board game. While one player is inactive, the other player can affect the game and vise versa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Henrik_is_God

No , I never played the Final Fantasy games . More into Resident Evil & other horror games . Have never played these " turn based " games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

No harm in giving this one a try. The only other turn based game that I'd played before LO was Pokemon, and I'm loving every second of this.
    You need a lot of patience for it, seeing as you spend 90% of the fight just watching the attack animations, but it's still an amazingly engrossing experience.

I'm enjoying it so much that I've ordered FFX

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

I'd suggest reading a strategy guide if this is your first turn based rpg. It's not just the combat itself but the preparation that's needed for battles that might throw you off a bit.

I'm still rubbish at these games even though I played a few. I decided to check out the guide for Lost Odyssey to see if I can finally play one properly.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,414 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd suggest reading a strategy guide if this is your first turn based rpg. It's not just the combat itself but the preparation that's needed for battles that might throw you off a bit.

I'm still rubbish at these games even though I played a few. I decided to check out the guide for Lost Odyssey to see if I can finally play one properly.

Thats hardly necessary, the game is pretty much self explanatory and the tutorials in the game give you all the info you need.

Advertisement