Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Avatars!

Options
  • 08-03-2008 3:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,152 ✭✭✭

Ever since watching this video I really want a snorlax avatar!

Where ever boards gets there stock ones from i defiantly seen pokemon in the same bunch somewhere else, cant remember where though.

So any who, we want more!:)
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,152 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

[puts on Ruu suit]

You can upload custom ones if you subscibe :)

Loads of links here
    Loads of links here

[/Takes off ruu suit]

I probably will subscribe when when i'm working but right now snorlax is not worth €50 a year to me!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

is it me or did you just post the same thing twice, except you used a ruu suit in #2? I'm baffled!

seeing as Ruu has such a heavy work load i was just saving him the hassle of writing that, cause i presumed he would!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

[puts on Ruu suit]

Loads of links here
    Loads of links here

[/Takes off ruu suit]

Hah! Plaid. :D

I probably will subscribe when when i'm working but right now snorlax is not worth €50 a year to me!:D

I somewhat skipped the first post and was wondering why you'd be paying snorlax €50 a year.

Um, nevermind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

[puts on Ruu suit]

Loads of links here
    Loads of links here

[/Takes off ruu suit]

lol, brilliance. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

star_trek_picard.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Ever since watching this video I really want a snorlax avatar!

Where ever boards gets there stock ones from i defiantly seen pokemon in the same bunch somewhere else, cant remember where though.

So any who, we want more!:)
    If you provide the avatars they may get ASSIMILATED into the boards collective.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

It's only €5 to subscribe for a month and the custom avatar will stay after the month is over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

It's only €5 to subscribe for a month and the custom avatar will stay after the month is over.
    One more thing for CuLT to add to the list of fixes :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

Why not run a system where a user can spend a small one off amount , similar say to €5, to have their own custom avatar. Another forum I know of operates a system similar to this and it would appeal a lot to people who are not willing to part with the full subscription amount , like the OP, but still want to have something a little more personalised . Obviously its one less perk to subscriptions then but maybe it could be eaiser to convince 10 people to part with €5 than one person to pay €50.

Maybe this is obvious or has been suggested before but i thought i might mention anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Why not run a system where a user can spend a small one off amount , similar say to €5, to have their own custom avatar. Another forum I know of operates a system similar to this and it would appeal a lot to people who are not willing to part with the full subscription amount , like the OP, but still want to have something a little more personalised . Obviously its one less perk to subscriptions then but maybe it could be eaiser to convince 10 people to part with €5 than one person to pay €50.

Maybe this is obvious or has been suggested before but i thought i might mention anyway.

I can see that being a case of somebody spending a long length of time setting it up and maintaining it for a very small return. Good idea, but not practical.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

It exists, see post #10!

Ah yes I did see that , so perhaps just making that more of an official offer then rather than the glitch it seems to be descibed as by aidan_walsh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Subscribing is a waste of money! Bet ya didn't see that one coming OP. ;)

Ruu wrote: »
    Subscribing is a waste of money!

Quoted for Reference!!!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

You could shrink the image you want and print it onto sticky paper.

Then all you need to do is simply paste it to your monitor over the current avatar. Although it may become tedious moving it up and down your screen as you scroll. And you may also get glue residue on your monitor. And of course you will be the only one to see it.

You could also download the opera browser and do something like that ^^^
    Go to view page source and everywhere there is the url of your current avatar put in the url of the one you want and click apply source . For the length of time you keep that page open on your computer without refreshing it will show your own avatar;)

Advertisement