Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most influential/important/seminal bands/artists in music history?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

She's the most significant pop star since Madonna. For better or worse, she has been influential on the pop music scene, and she's made a couple of the best pop records ever. You might not like her, but it doesn't mean that she wasn't influential.

And she has fantastic knockers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

And she has fantastic knockers.

And you can't argue with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Tesco Massacre

Black Sabbath influenced innumerable sludge/stoner rock bands: Kyuss, Sleep, Melvins, High on Fire, Boris....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

El Pr0n wrote: »
    Oh, er, ****in' Johann Sebastian Bach. Huge oversight there :pac:
    I did mention him three and a half years ago there..
    Why do people think music began in 1950?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Sinfonia wrote: »
    I did mention him three and a half years ago there..
    Why do people think music began in 1950?

I don't think anyone thinks that. I think people are just going with more contemporary choices rather than naming out every influential musician since the beginning of time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

woody guthrie
    chuck berry
    the beatles
    the beach boys
    bob dylan
    james brown
    stevie wonder
    michael jackson
    prince
    george clinton
    dr dre

simon fuller = for all the wrong reasons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭Duke Leonal Felmet

Has anyone mentioned Charlie Christian yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭dasdog

Aside from some of those already mentioned:

Marvin Gaye, Django Reinhardt, Billie Holiday, ABBA, Stevie Wonder, Motorhead, Andres Segovia, Sun Ra

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Seeing as everyone ignored my previous suggestion, I'll mention him again. Lonnie Donegan is imo the most influential artist of the last century.

He was around in the decade before the Beatles and without him they may possibly never have formed. Anyone mentioning The Beatles (and all the bands to be inspired by John and Paul) has got to give credit to Lonnie as well.

Advertisement