Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many boards,ie accounts can you have.?

Options
  • 08-03-2008 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭

How many boards.ie accounts can one computer have i.e houses and internet cafes,colleges workplaces etc.
    Can you have two username's .?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

I assume one household can have 5. One computer can have 5 account's.

Ok thank you,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Don't think there is any set policy on how many accounts can be held per household. Each user is responsible for their accounts though. For example if pirelli's brother/sister/relative somehow gets a hold of your account and uses it a troll a forum and gets the account banned then you probably won't get any sympathy from anyone.

Ruu wrote: »
    . For example if pirelli's brother/sister/relative somehow gets a hold of your account and uses it a troll a forum and gets the account banned then you probably won't get any sympathy from anyone.

That's a poor example Ruu. You should use a Preposition before your noun to properly fragment your sentence. I would not have used an indefinite article.Pity!

Ruu I also don't see the relevance of your example. Simply, that in my household should a member of my family, use my account, then at all times I am reponsible for the activities of my account. I am completely liable for this activity, mostly due to the availability of security measures.

What's New Ruu. Help desk is so informative, and that explains having duplicate account's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

pirelli wrote: »
    That's a poor example, Ruu. You should use a Preposition before your noun to properly fragment your sentence. I would not have used an indefinite article.

Ruu, I also dont see the relevance of your example. Are you trying to say that in my household should a member of my family use my account that I am responsible for that account and liable due to not using proper security measures.

What's new, Ruu. Help desk is so informative.!

Duplicate accounts Ruu, duplicate accounts.

Yes, you are responsible. I am not suggesting that you would use another account to troll and for the love of god, use correct punctuation. You are making yourself look terribly bad and anyone else coming along wouldn't know what the bloody hell you were talking about. Fixed things for you.

Ruu wrote: »
    You are making yourself look terribly bad, and anyone else coming along wouldn't know what the bloody hell you were talking about. Fixed things for you.

Your making yourself look just as bad. We are discussing grammar not punctuation. I fixed your punctuation, but it's the grammar that confuses people Ruu, and not the punctuation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

You don't put a comma before "and" in a sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

pirelli wrote: »
    Your making yourself look just as bad. We are discussing grammar not punctuation. I fixed your punctuation, but it's the grammar that confuses people Ruu, and not the punctuation.
    Why are you getting at Ruus spelling and grammar pirelli? :confused:

I don't understand, would you like an explanation to your original post or are you having a gripe? Ruu is trying to explain boards' policy and you are getting at his grammar?

seamus wrote: »
    You don't put a comma before "and" in a sentence.

Learn your punctuation Seamus.

Use a comma to separate the elements in a series
    Use a comma + a little conjunction (and, but, for, nor, yet, or, so) to connect two independent clauses, as in "He hit the ball well, but he ran toward third base."

A clause is a group of related words containing a subject and a verb A clause can be usefully distinguished from a phrase, which is a group of related words that does not contain a subject-verb relationship, such as "in the morning" or "running down the street" or "having grown used to this harassment." A review of the different kinds of phrases might be helpful.

Clauses are combined in three different ways: coordination, subordination, and by means of a semicolon. Coordination involves joining independent clauses with one of the coordinating conjunctions: and, but, or, nor, for, yet, and sometimes* so. Clauses thus connected are usually nicely balanced in length and import.

http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/clauses.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

In Ruu's case that you quoted, there weren't two independent clauses, rather the second relied on the first.

Besides, grammar is often in the eye of the beholder. I prefer to use grammar to structure the flow of the sentence rather than use it strictly. Anyways, I haven't studied grammar since I was 10, so to come up with any arguments I'll have to Google it, then cut-and-paste just like you did. So why bother?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement