Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Suggestions on how o fix this?

Options
  • 08-03-2008 12:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi All

No sure if I'm posting this in the correct forum or if I'm breaking any of there rules but I just looking for suggestions on how to fix the below pictures.
    Its a company van and Ive already had one or 2 knocks in it so they wont be best pleased with this!

I know absolutely nothing about this sort of thing, happened as I was on a round about, I was taking the third exit off it so I was on the inside lane when a huge 12 wheeler pulled out in from of me. I initially thought he just clipped my wing mirror so thought nothing of getting his details. It was only when I pulled over that I found the marks.

000ka0.jpg

001ev2.jpg

cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

Doesn't look like its too serious id try some t-cut might polish it out! Worth tyring first definitly.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

i agree with the above, go to any motor factors and ask for a bottle od autoglym paint renovator, it is a mild compound that will take a layer of paint off, i have used it many of times!

follo up with a coat of autoglym resin, to give it a shine back and protect it.

hope you get it sorted mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Matt Trakker

Doesn't look like its too serious id try some t-cut might polish it out! Worth tyring first definitly.

Thanks for the help cabrwab, I presume I'll pick this up in Halfords?
    agree with the above, go to any motor factors and ask for a bottle od autoglym paint renovator, it is a mild compound that will take a layer of paint off, i have used it many of times!

follo up with a coat of autoglym resin, to give it a shine back and protect it.

hope you get it sorted mate.

Thanks kceire, that taking a layer off the paint sounds like I could do more damage that good, is that a possability with the stuff you have suggested?

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

you'd have to be polishing for absolutely ages to take the paint off by hand. you'll see when you try. it's a bit like a polish with sand in it, the granules act as a mild abrasive and resurface the paint. don't worry about it too much!

Get some polish as well to resore the shine, as it will be a little dull afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,357 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Thanks for the help cabrwab, I presume I'll pick this up in Halfords?

Thanks kceire, that taking a layer off the paint sounds like I could do more damage that good, is that a possability with the stuff you have suggested?

cheers

It takes a tiny layer of paint off taking you back to nice new paint. Dont worry about it. It works.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

Sorry just getting back to post now, you'll pick it up in halfords yeah, all the stuff mentioned will remove some paint, but not damage it, you won't know honest, bit of elbow grease you'll never know!!

Maybe if there is any deep scratches use a touch up kit if you can find it.

You'll be fine! I know the feeling!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Churchy

^^^ as above , that should polish out , let us know how you get on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Simalar problem tonight. Pheking gate, is proper narrow.

Sort of ran the side along it, nothing to serious, thankfully not too deep !

I had T cut in the boot, I used it straight away..

Took most of the black from the gate away.

Have to see how bad it is in the morning. But I do not think there is anything left of the scrap .

Also get the correct color for your car its very important !

But it works, and wash your car down before hand...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Matt Trakker

Hey All Just thought its only fair to give you an update on how this went seeing as you all gave me good advice. I went to my local motor factors and picked up the following 2 products:

001ed2.jpg

Cost roughly 18 euros for both.

I used the the rubbing compound with a wet cloth, took around 3-4 minutes of rubbing to remove each of the paint marks but works brilliantly!

Then followed up with the super resin polish, not sure if this is totally necessary and I believe that its the most expensive of the 2 products but the paint came us as good as new after.

Here's the results, the after shots were taken on a camera phone hence the poor quality but you still see the finish:

002cj0.jpg

Thanks again to everyone who posted!

Advertisement