Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do you buy your pc parts?

Options
  • 08-03-2008 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

The 305w psu in my dell just died, so I want to replace it. Problem is, there is such a bad/unusable selection of PSUs in Peats/Maplins/Pc World. I'd prefer to get it online, so are there any EU sites that are good for parts?
    Anyone ever used komplett.ie?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

Yes. Very good. Waiting on delivery!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭TheAmateur

They seem ok and all, but elara.ie seems to have a bigger selection. I think I might go with this from them. I dunno though...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Macspower

Komplett is excellent but their prces dont seem as competitive as they used to be... also have a look at www.hardwareversand.de but they dont take credit card

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

I get a lot of stuff from http://www.elara.ie/ Cheap, fast and they take laser. 9.00eur courier del. Im waiting for components from http://www2.hardwareversand.de/home.jsp?lid=2
    Excellent prices and its easy to bank transfer the money. Ordered tue, parts shipped thurs. I saved 130eur compared to Irish sites on a mobo, hard drive and dvd burner:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I used Komplett and had no problems, but it was a couple of years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,189 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

ive been getting a lot of referrals to elara recently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Pixmania are actually decent and I've been using them quite often lately. They stock a lot of low end stuff, but offer decent stuff at reasonable prices too. I picked up a JeanTech Arctic 600w sli/crossfire modular psu for 50 euro...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I'm speccing up a build for a friend and a couple of components for myself, ebuyer.com seems to be the cheapest.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Elara are great, especially if you can collect from their depot!! Never had a problem with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭TheAmateur

Wow, thanks for all the replys:). I went with elara, for convenience's sake, but now at least I know that there are some decent online choices for Irish pc users, to break the Peats/Maplins/PC World dominance in Dublin...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Gloopy

I like Elara a lot, but I wish they had more variety in some of their components. My current rig is comprising components bought from Elara and HardwareVersand, but kept missing the E8400 in both, so ended up buying that from Kustom PCs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭WillieDH

Peats or Komplett

Advertisement