Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mondello park - Where to stay?

Options
  • 08-03-2008 1:26pm
    Moderators Posts: 12,373 ✭✭✭✭

Im doing the whole mondello park thing in 2 weeks or so. Wondering where is a good nice B&B for the weekend? Not too far from mondello, in naas would be handy.
    Any nice places to eat near your recommended B&B?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 12,373 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Is There Anybody Out There??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Hi,

There's a couple of B&B's very near mondello, about 2 minutes walk away. I am sure if you call the track they'll have numbers.

I know this, its on their site. Im just wondering is there anywhere recommended. A bit of local know how/ previous stays, would be good.

Well, not being smart, but locals probably will not have stayed in local B&B's.

Mondello is quite far out. The nearest Village is about a 10 minute walk away (on a pretty dangerous road) and has a Pub and a Shop.

Naas is a 5/10 minute Drive and is probably your best bet if you are hanging around and want a choice of pubs & restaurants. I don't know of many B&B's in Naas but there is a few hotels.

Try www.kildare.ie for more info:
    http://kildare.ie/tourism/accommodation/accommodation-listings.asp?Category=BB

Hope that helps a bit....

I know the good B&Bs, and the not so good, in my village. Theres plenty of em too. And ive not stayed in any of em.

Maybe if I put out a post to get the attention of previous mondello goers they might have share how they did it.

Cheers anyways. Ill be driving anyways so the 5/10min drive and 5/10min walk wont apply so much.

• Advertisement

Ill be driving anyways so the 5/10min drive and 5/10min walk wont apply so much.

Then I'd recommend you find a place in Naas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 ontheroad24/7

I know of a B&B not far from Mondello run by a lady named Joan Mc Loughlin. She's a great host, loves the whole biker thing and when there's big racing on and she's full, she even lets people camp in the garden! I've long since lost her number but the B&B is called 'Setanta' and the directions to it are as follows: leave Naas town for Mondello, pass thru Carragh village(the nearest one to Mondello), look out for the water tower on the right & turn right immediately after it. Continue on this road for about a mile(couple of bad bends) and you'll see it on your right hand side. Try 11850 for her number ASAP as the lads from the North are regular visitors and she may be booked up if there's good racing on. Best of luck and enjoy !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 bargeman

Im doing the whole mondello park thing in 2 weeks or so. Wondering where is a good nice B&B for the weekend? Not too far from mondello, in naas would be handy.
    Any nice places to eat near your recommended B&B?

Thanks

harbour view hotel, naas 2 or 3 star clean quiet, town house hotel naas 2 star. lively late serving bar . both on mondello side of town and near Time night club - if your not shagged from all the drivin

Advertisement