Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reid Furniture not giving my money back

Options
  • 08-03-2008 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi,

I bought a couch from Reid furniture on 23 July 2006 for euro 2032. They commited to deliver it on Oct 2006 but delivered very late on Jan 2007 but with the wrong colour. When we asked them to change it they said someone will come from UK to check the colour. The guy came after one month and confirmed that the colour was wrong. Reid than said they will send another couch which they did but again with the wrong colour. Later they told us that the company has stopped making this couch and we need to take some other couch. So we selected different couch of the value 1400. Reid than comited that they will give is compensation of euro 200 for their fault plus the balance payment.
    We got the new couch in Oct 2007 this time right colour and they took the old one. When I asked them about the balance payment thay said it will come to you from UK. When I didn't receive anything from them for 1 month I went to their store and the guy told me that the couch that we have bought is of 1750 not 1400 and he must have written it wrong in the receipt and told us that my balance amount in (2032 - 1750 + 200 (compensation)=482.
    As I was so tired of chasing reid that I even agreed for that.
    This is March 2008 now till date I have not received my balance payment. I am told that their manager is looking after my case and he never comes on phone and they say he keeps on moving from one store and another. They wont give me his number and this never takes my call.
    I am really frustated and don't know what do to now . Please give me some advise.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Small claims court tbh... it doesn't matter what he says if you have a receipt....

• Registered Users Posts: 11 pinto

Thanks for the relpy mate. One more question apart from my own money that I want back can I or should I also claim some damages/compensation from reid firniture??

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭jabaroon

pinto wrote: »
    Thanks for the relpy mate. One more question apart from my own money that I want back can I or should I also claim some damages/compensation from reid firniture??

Reid are notorious for giving their customers the run around when problems arise. It costs EUR9 to lodge a case in the small claims. Once they get notified of a case against them, the will generall settle immediatley.

With the small claims process you cannot claim compensation, only the actual monies you are owed for the couch.

Jab

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Reids usual atrocious level of customer care. Small claims court OP, trust me on this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

I think if anyone checked boards you'll find it best to avoid the following stores due to crap / non existent customer service

Reids
    Carpetsh%te
    PC World
    Dixons
    Currys

• Advertisement
Advertisement