Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any good recipes for jambelia

• 08-03-2008 3:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭

bought a ready made version of this a few times years ago in a well known supermarket, but since they discontinued it i now miss it, would love to try and make it my self, and have another dish to my small number of meals i make from scratch, seen a recipe for it on a recent progame, but unfornitlay not on their website, i would remember most of it, but any other sugestions would be appreciated, or any ways to experiment with the dish

it included

ciritzo or smoked sausage
    sliced chicken filets
    green pepers
    celery (not a fan myself)
    papreka
    sliced chilli pepers
    rice
    chicken stock

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭roadruner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

The Saturday Kitchen ran a Rick Stein recipe for Jambalaya (probably what you watched). Remember Rick used a smoked sausage and added the paprika, rather than use chorizo. Use thigh fillets for a juicer finish from the chicken. I have an old Keith Floyd recipe - he uses cayenne pepper, not paprika.

Anyway you got the basics - trinity of green pepper, celery and onion. Garlic. Sausage, chicken and prawns. Spice (Cayenne or paprika). Cook the whole lot down for a good while There is little cooking done after the rice is added. Add rice to coat the grains. Chicken stock, a good pinch of salt. Cover, cook for 5 minutes with a lid on. Then turn off the heat and leave for 20 minutes. Stir and serve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Hi,
    Try this link:

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/230294

I really like this website as it includes reviews from people who try out recipes. Pity I dont do more cooking though.

Advertisement