Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to make a video for youtube?

• 08-03-2008 4:12pm
    Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭

How do you make videos for youtube? It's just to put up some music tracks I have looked for but couldn't find and would like to stick up myself.

I am not bothered about how impressive the video is, more to get the music up - something along the lines of those kinda fractal style videos, surely there is an easy way to make them? I thought maybe winamp or Mediaplayer would have an option to create a video but couldn't see one.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

I use windows movie maker, have you got that??? Pretty simple to use. Generally what i do is just add titles at the begginning but more recently i've used photo's of the track from discogs also in the video but like you say it's all about the music.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Dun laoire wrote: »
    I use windows movie maker, have you got that??? Pretty simple to use. Generally what i do is just add titles at the begginning but more recently i've used photo's of the track from discogs also in the video but like you say it's all about the music.

Cheers, no don't have that. Must go google it now.

I'm not too fussy as I said re the quality of the video but it is nice I suppose to have good visuals so cheers also for the discogs suggestion :)

Felixdhc wrote: »
    Cheers, no don't have that. Must go google it now.

I'm not too fussy as I said re the quality of the video but it is nice I suppose to have good visuals so cheers also for the discogs suggestion :)

Yeah you can download WMM just make sure it's the latest version as the first version i had was really really basic but useless basic. You can apply a few effects and the lates one but like i said it's not comlicated at all. I would also reccommend to put a discogs link in the "About this video" Section because it's well handy for anybody who likes the track and would be interested in buying it. :D Goodluck mate

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Ok, got a couple done now but not too happy with the sound quality, I have heard a lot better. The sound is fine before uploading to youtube and I recorded in medium quality as I reckoned high quality would be too big a file?

This is one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5h1YO5dn84

Uploaded again with higher quality recording, seems ok now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkXdggtyHzU

Felixdhc wrote: »
    Ok, got a couple done now but not too happy with the sound quality, I have heard a lot better. The sound is fine before uploading to youtube and I recorded in medium quality as I reckoned high quality would be too big a file?

This is one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5h1YO5dn84

Uploaded again with higher quality recording, seems ok now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkXdggtyHzU

The average file size when putting together a video is around the 20mb mark but i have had up to 40mb and it was no problem uploading. Just takes about 5/10 mins longer but is worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Entec

what settings are best to use to uplaod a video

im using widonws movie maker

how many megabites?

and its giveing me a list of settings...eg: highy quality (small and large) video for pocket pc etc...

Entec wrote: »
    what settings are best to use to uplaod a video

im using widonws movie maker

how many megabites?

and its giveing me a list of settings...eg: highy quality (small and large) video for pocket pc etc...

I just stick with the highest quality

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Entec

cheers , i finally got it sorted out

i just used 30mb and brodband (512)

Advertisement