Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft/paintball forums

Options
  • 08-03-2008 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭

Hi, I see the airsoft and paintball forums have been split, but are in a joint forum with a drop down menu.

sports/airsoftandpaintball/airsoft and sports/airsoftandpaintball/paintball

Does it not make more sense to have it sports/airsoft and sports/paintball?

I apologise if this is actually in the works.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

+1 On this,

Would make the layout less messy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mark_Sc

I agree, good idea

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

+1

And that's only because Motosam promised not to shoot me if I backed him up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Mweelrea

+1
    As robster said it would make things much tidier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

its a good idea

• Advertisement

Why further clutter an already over cluttered menu?

They are grand where they are!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I would argue that the list in sports is already long enough to need to be scrolled down, so one extra entry will have little difference.

Getting into airsoft is now just a little bit more annoying.

I warn you mod, I have learned how to bypass the swear filter, and will use foul language unabated if necessary to deadly effect.

/end toddler who has learned the f word mode

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Why further clutter an already over cluttered menu?

They are grand where they are!

i would argue that airsoft is one of the busiest sports forums and considering there uis an equestrian and an horse racing forum a rugby and a rugby league that between them get half the posts and that these have far smaller differences that airsoft and paintball that cluttering is that least issue here

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Alternatively, you could all just bookmark/subscribe to the airsoft forum if you're a regular visitor. That way you can access it from the 'Subbed' dropdown list and it'll even update itself to signifiy new posts have been made. Mind you, given the volume of traffic the airsoft forum(s) receive, new posts are a given.

Motosam wrote: »
    I warn you mod, I have learned how to bypass the swear filter, and will use foul language unabated if necessary to deadly effect.

Is that a threat? Killed by foul language.. would be an interesting tombstone alright!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Cluttered Menu?

I see , I wouldnt want people to get lost looking for the mega-huge forum that is Frisbee:rolleyes:

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I feel like I am missing something in this thread.

To get to Airsoft: Sports -> Airsoft & Paintball -> Airsoft.
    To get to Paintball: Sports -> Airsoft & Paintball -> Paintball.

What are you suggesting be changed?

Thanks.

Edit: fixed copy/paste

CuLT wrote: »

To get to Paintball: Sports -> Airsoft & Paintball -> Airsoft

Thanks.

From that above to this:

To get to Airsoft: Sports -> Airsoft.
    To get to Paintball: Sports -> Paintball

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

To get to Paintball: Sports -> Airsoft & Paintball -> Airsoft

Thanks.

I believe they want Airsoft and Paintball seperated completely, rather then a airsoft/paintball subsection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

You crazy airsoft people, subscribe as explained above

Jackz wrote: »
    You crazy airsoft people

No need for name calling:p

I believe they want Airsoft and Paintball seperated completely, rather then a airsoft/paintball subsection.

Exactly.

I did not expect this to become as drawn out as it is, it is simply logical to have sports/airsoft and sports/paintball.

The forum is very popular, and as such I feel is well deserved of its place among the sports. It is possible to subscribe to the forum yes, but this is true of all fora, why bother listing things out at all then?

I'm sure an admin would agree it would tidy things up, and would outweigh any minor negative (if one exists) with the positive effect of everything being where it makes sense to be.

In fairness, it was a minor suggestion that I doubt has any reason to be refused, they are two different sports after all.

Thanks.

Is that a threat? Killed by foul language.. would be an interesting tombstone alright!

Mock me not mod, or I will copy/paste all the scumbag/pyjama/immigrant threads from AH into one condensed super flame, and pm you forthwith.

Such nonsense, I'm sure few could survive, I myself will barely recover from collecting such material.

We've no problem reorganising it as long as it's logical, "popularity" doesn't really come into it, some of the most populous forums on boards.ie are one or two subs deep.

The subbed menu should serve your needs in the short term, but I'll be looking into reorganizing the sports category a bit over the next while.

Cheers.

We've no problem reorganising it as long as it's logical, "popularity" doesn't really come into it, some of the most populous forums on boards.ie are one or two subs deep.

The subbed menu should serve your needs in the short term, but I'll be looking into reorganizing the sports category a bit over the next while.

Cheers.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Motosam wrote: »
    Thanks

I knew it'd take people a while to get to grips with the new button thingy.

Can we not just dump the Frisbee section , combine Rugby and Rugby League
    and then combine Equestrian and Horse racing and the layout wont have to change to accommodate the Airsoft and Paintball split.

I'll deal with this in due course, thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement