Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

URS Comps

Options
  • 08-03-2008 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭

Lads I cannot... I mean CANNOT finish a track without running it through the URS 1980 Compressor. It is just class. Gives the track that nice little polish and on rocky tracks it just makes them sound exciting!

Anyway i highly recommend it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

yeah, one plugin i love alright. not as much as i love the sonalksis plugs though. just love those things.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭trackmixstudio

URS channel strip pro is amazing. Put one on every channel and it's the closest I have ever heard to an analogue console from an ITB mix.
    I have liquid mix and wave arts powewrsuite too, but CSP is my go to channel strip for good reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭sei046

Lads i just picked up the Sonnox stuff. My lord. Amazing. Especially the Eq

I have sonnox eq, limiter and inflator.
    I use the eq for corrective sculpting and it works great for that. I prefer URS CSP for "musical" eq.
    I would be lost without the sonnox limiter and inflator. Makes stuff LOUD!, which is, unfortunately, what most bands want.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭sei046

Just really impressed by their sound. Looking at the sonalksis stuff next. Have a few pound so investing in a few quality plugs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

is there a demo of this available?
    would love to hear it in action, buying is a bit outta the question, being a poor student and all!..

URS and sonnox have demos available but only if you have an ilok for the temporary license.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

ah fudge...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

I had the URS graphic eqs, nice for electric guitars. I lost my Sonox EQ and those after a Pro Tools upgrade. After chasing various dealers etc who just kept telling me to download it, I gave up.

I was just getting the hang of the different preset bell curves too!

My personal fave is the McDSP G-Console and the Cranesong Phoenix.

Advertisement