Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone ever used a Property Management Agency & not had a problem?

Options
  • 08-03-2008 5:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of travelling for a while & want to rent out my house. I'm going with a property management agency who would deal with any problems with the property that might arise while I am gone. I 've heard bad experiences with these, does anybody do this & is there anyone who NEVER had problems?
    Thank You

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

I'd firmly believe that any company in any line of business can never have 0 complaints. Best thing to do is go on the recommendation of a friend - or would you not have a friend/relation who could look after your property while you're away?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Glacier

The whole point is I don't want friends to have to look after the place.
    Can anyone recommend an Agency they had dealings with & were happy with?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

From a tenant side I've found GWD in Dorset St okay. They react fairly swiftly to any problems. That said, I'm not sure how much letting they do, but it wouldn't hurt to ask them. I have a low opinion of Estate Agents generally, I've only ever met 1/2 that I'd rank as "good".

My opinion of letting agents is this: They're fine for the small stuff. Fridge not working, door handle came off, they'll sort it out. But assuming the worst case scenario, such as a tenant just refusing to pay rent and refusing to move out, be aware that your letting agent will do nothing for you. You'll be the one who'll have to deal with this through the PRTB, or the courts or wherever.

So, is the small stuff worth the cut of rent you'll have to pay them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Glacier

Anybody else have experience from the landlord side?

Advertisement