Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Immersion confusion....

Options
  • 08-03-2008 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Looking for a little advice.

My immersion started to trip the supply. Although one of the threads here says it's almost always to do with the immersion element reaching the end of it's life, I decided to check the on/off/bath/sink switch first and having removed it, it looked like the fuse had gone. I bought a new one and wired it in and it worked without tripping anything. But now I have a problem. The immersion timer upstream of the control switch is permanently on no matter what position I turn it to (On/Off/Timer). When I disconnect the control switch, the timer works correctly as before.

I'm wondering if it's something to do with my wiring of the new control switch? Althouth the control switch is downstream (ie between the timer and boiler) from the timer, could it still affect how the timer works. Also, on the replacement switch there's a port named COM which wasn't a feature of the old one in addition to an L OUT port, neither of which I have wires to connect to. Am I missing something?

Comments

Advertisement