Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Do you need your licence with you when driving?

Options
  • 08-03-2008 6:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭

I'm on a provisional licence. Assuming I'm accompanied, if I don't have my licence with me if requested by a Garda (but I do hold a valid licence) am I up sh*t creek? Or do I have 10 days to present a valid licence at a Garda station?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

10 Days to produce, but you could be cautioned on it, and at max a fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,826 ✭✭✭SeanW

The law says that you must carry it, and you should, but if you forget it now and then it's not likely to be a problem - got pulled by the guards last week for a broken tail light, thought to myself "oh snap, first time I leave my pinky at home I get pulled by the guards" but when I told them I possesed but was not carrying my license, they just asked for my name and address. Had to do a random breath test as well, which is alright, good thing they're doing that if it cuts down on people driving twisted.

Advertisement