Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Should I or shouldn't I

Options
  • 08-03-2008 6:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭

Hi

I've been doing alot of thinking about buying a car over here and I have posted a few threads about what car to buy to bring back home. I have decided on the Ford Mondeo and I have been looking at some of the cars they have on cargiant.

My questions is, do you think it's worth splashing out the £5.5k it would take to pick up a decent spec zetec model (TDCi diesel) with things such as built in satnav, aircon as standard and alloy wheels?

I would own it over here for 6 months, then bring it into Ireland. I wouldn't have to pay VRT on it, just tax it as soon as I take it back home. I'd then keep it for about a year and sell it on.

What does everyone think ?

I have settled on buying a mondeo because I like the cars and they are highly rated as excellent cars even though they might not be everyones cup of tea. I could buy a BMW or a golf diesel but they are simply too expensive and I can't afford to buy them.

Advertisement