Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

au pairs

Options
  • 08-03-2008 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

i need to find an au pair or a live in childminder for my child, i am going to be doing shift work ,, i live in portlaoise and can not find anything to lead me in the direction can anyone give me advice on how to find one

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Hi, try gumtree.ie there's a nannies section and / or post your own add in "wanted section".

There are a few threads on this already. I you use the search function that should pull up a few threads on same thing for you.

I have used au pair sites before, you can PM me if want more details.
    We've had quite a few au pairs join our family, all were very nice.

Try to ask as many relevant questions in your first mail,
    and i find if you let them know the conditions / payments etc straight up front it weeds out time wasters.

Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 lindollars

Try out Linguaviva, they are an agency for au pairs, although not sure what the story is outside of Dublin. For the record, I've had at least 6 au pairs growing up and love every one of them. I still visit one girl (now lady) every few years and vice versa. Just be clear from the beginning about expectations... yours and theirs... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Kristin_87

Hello!

Im a childminder with previous aupair and nanny experience... I am Canadian and was an aupair in Cork and Switzerland as well as a full time nanny in Canada! I live just outside of Portlaois however im looking for a live out position my hours are completly flexible and can suit to whenever needed! If your interest please give me an email at soccer_chic1010@hotmail.com!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Dalas

As far as I know these guys look after outside Dublin as well: www.aupairstudy.com

Advertisement