Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Acels Certificate for teaching English as a Second Language in Seconday Schools

• 08-03-2008 6:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭

Just wondering whether anyone has done this?. I haven't been teaching for a few years....and interested refreshing....uncertain whether it will be possible for me to teach again....but I'd like to keep doors open. Any words from anyone who has completed this would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Alan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 KevinDublin

I do some teacher training and so know a little about the ACELS courses.

They are pretty intensive and so not really a "refresher" course. If you just want a confidence boost, apply for a teaching job but ask that you observe a class or 2 first. Most good schools will be more than happy to let you sit in on a few classes first.

There are pretty clear guidelines that govern the qualifications. WHen did you do your TEFL course and how many hours was it?

Advertisement