Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

R/C Car Parts

Options
  • 08-03-2008 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭

Hi all, well I brought my 1:10 Hot Bodies Lightning Stadium for a spin, got about 3 tanks of fuel through her, when BANG!! straight into the side of a path pretty much flat out, now, I need to find out if there is anywhere in Ireland that I can get spare parts.

I need to get a 72mm dirve shaft, chassie brace set, and a shock tower, I would like to source the parts in Ireland if I can, any suggestions?

The shock tower comes in aluminum as an option, and so does the main support in the brace set, these are options on my model, but I think they are worth going for.

Any help appericated.:D

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

... got about 3 tanks of fuel through her, when BANG!! straight into the side of a path ...
    It happens, and quite often with model cars, the speed we drive!
    ... now I need to find out if there is anywhere in Ireland that I can get spare parts ...
    I suspect you have chosen a make that is not sold in Ireland. Have you tried the original seller yet?
    ... I need a 72mm dirve shaft, chassie brace set, and a shock tower, I would like to source the parts in Ireland if I can, any suggestions?...
    Halford used to do HPI which is similar. You could try contacting them. They may still have spare parts.
    ... Any help appericated.:D ...
    If Halfords are no good, then GreenHobbyModel have Carson which is very similar in the metal parts, and keep the parts in stock. Most bits usually fit or can be made to fit, but the part numbers will be different.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

Thanks for the help Coolwings, Hot Bodies are made by HPI, infact the engine and radio gear are HPI branded I think.
    Might check out Halfords tomorrow if I get a chance.
    I bought the model on-line from the states, I found all of the parts on-line from the states, but the cheapest shipping I can find so far is $48, so if I can find the parts here or maybe in the UK shipping would be cheaper, without mentioning customs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Forget Halfords - you'll only be wasting your time. Best bet would be some online shop in the UK I would think.

Run it, break it, fix it, run it, break it, fix it, run it, break it, fix it, run it, break it, fix it, run it, break it, fix it, run it, break it, fix it, run it, break it, fix it, run it, break it, fix it, run it, break it, fix it, run it, break it, fix it, run it, break it, fix it, run it, break it, fix it, run it, break it, fix it, run it, break it, fix it, run it, break it, fix it, run it.......................:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

try
    www.modelsport.co.uk
    www.modelsinmotion.co.uk

both seem to do hotbodies parts

Got bits for a tamiya car a couple of weeks ago, had em in 5 days and postage was only small money (from MIM)

T-Maxx wrote: »
    Run it, break it, fix it, run it, break it, fix it, run it, break it, fix it, run it, break it, fix it, run it, break it, fix it, run it, break it, fix it, run it, break it, fix it, run it, break it, fix it, run it, break it, fix it, run it, break it, fix it, run it, break it, fix it, run it, break it, fix it, run it, break it, fix it, run it, break it, fix it, run it, break it, fix it, run it.......................:D:D:D

:D:D I know, thats how you know you are getting the most out of you r/c car is when you break it.
    I actually quiet enjoy the fixing it back up bit as well.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 vtecclubby

Boyztoys do hot bodies and hpi give them a ring or the website

• Registered Users Posts: 15,540 ✭✭✭✭vectra

you know you are getting the most out of you r/c car is when you break it.
    I actually quiet enjoy the fixing it back up bit as well.:D

You wont be long getting fed up with that
    Breaking..Fixing..Breaking..Fixing.. Trying to Persuade yourself this is great fun..!:(

You will learn pretty fast how to treat it properly :D

The Doktor wrote: »
    try
    www.modelsport.co.uk
    www.modelsinmotion.co.uk

both seem to do hotbodies parts

Got bits for a tamiya car a couple of weeks ago, had em in 5 days and postage was only small money (from MIM)

Thanks Doktor, I actually nearly bought the car originally from modelsport:p
    I sent a mail to the modelsinmotion guys about parts, as their site has nothing listed under the HB section, but they haven't gotten back to me.:(

Dropped into Boyztoys, and they don't do HB anymore, or know anyone who does, also got in touch with a guy who owns a model shop in Belfast, and he doesn’t know anyone who stocks Hot Bodies.:o

I ordered the parts last night, along with some ......... er... options, spent more money then I meant to :o but I will be getting lots of new bits to fiddle with:D:D

Anyway ordered them from www.JEspares.com (UK), they seem to have a fairly good list of parts and everything, unfortunately most of the HB stuff in special order, so I have the extra delay of waiting for them to get the bits from their supplier, ah well.

vectra wrote: »
    You wont be long getting fed up with that
    Breaking..Fixing..Breaking..Fixing.. Trying to Persuade yourself this is great fun..!:(

You will learn pretty fast how to treat it properly :D

LOL yeah, thats why I didn't got for the standard plastic parts to replace the bits I broke, nice new shiny aluminum for me:D:D
    Still I might try and avoid hitting solid structurs flat out in future!!:D

When it comes to alloy parts, be very conscious of the following 3 things:

1. Where you use it - some parts are designed to flex in order to avoid/reduce damage to others, ie. bumpers and bumper mounts.

2. What type of alu. alloy and the manufacturing process.

3. Weight

More often than not alloy adds more bling than sting.:D

• Advertisement

The ALU parts I am getting are the front anti-bending plate and the gearbox plate which mounts onto it. They are options from HB so I am guessing they are up to scratch, and well suited to bashing about.

Says on their website that the standard parts 'provide a stiff foundation for suspension settings' so I am guessing the new parts should perform better in this regard.

Thanks for the pointers anyway.:D

These are the two bits being replaced with the ALU:D
    12.jpg

OEM parts are generally good quality albeit a bit expensive. FWIW the parts you're refering too seem worthwhile to upgrade to alu.

Advertisement