Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plumbing fittings question

Options
  • 08-03-2008 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭

If I was to buy fittings like taps,shower head and stuff like that is it different to our fittings? Someone said to me once that they got stuff from Germany and the fittings were different.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 509 ✭✭✭bertie1

I know the ones on the French plumbing equipment toilets , showers etc need high pressure water to fill them & don't work properly unless you put in a pump to pressurise the whole system

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

You'll find that european utilities are small bore ,they don't use storage tanks and everything is pumped.

Sometimes though ,it's an orifice that needs to be replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Reyman

A lot of the continental fittings are 6mm (small bore) and are used with pumped systems.

The problem is that these taps are being sold here in Ireland with adapters to 12mm fittings and piping. This is not a good idea on a tap of any sort as you will never get any pressure through the tap with the normal gravity feed.

Advertisement