Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who is going to win the FA Cup?

• 08-03-2008 10:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭

Who'd have thought these would be the options :)

Who's gona win it 46 votes

Porstmouth
    0%
    Barnsley
    41%
    PHBBounty HunterGuanYinLafortezzamachiavellianmeKoldeirebhoylordgoatA Dub in Glasgo~Rebel~BlowfishleninbenjaminFratton FredThrillROCKMANIm_No_SupermanAn CiteogMuff_Daddyhamnegg 19 votes
    Bristol Rovers
    28%
    VokeszAbboHelixBacchus_blank_keano_afcUnearthlyevad_lhorgMad_MaxDave!eZe^Galvaseangrames_bond 13 votes
    West Brom
    2%
    OPENROAD 1 vote
    Middlesborough
    8%
    Jonny Arsonwba88BobbyD10pd101 4 votes
    Cardiff
    19%
    mewsoThanx 4 The Fishmike65Guy:IncognitoshoutmanDaemonicdobsdaveheyjudeLeixlipRed 9 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Bristol Rovers
    I hope barnsley do, but it will be pompey, imo.

Boro better not, they are a horrible team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Cardiff
    I can name two more premier league teams who aren't going to win....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

West Brom
    Looking forward to seeing Bristol Rovers in Europe next season :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

I'm gonna go with Cardiff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Barnsley
    Oh dear.

Pompey have the best squad, so I'm backing them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Barnsley
    I really hope Boro don't win. I'd like Portsmouth to win, there's a part of my that really likes Harry.

I think the deserved winners are of course Barnsley. After beating Chelsea and Liverpool, surely they believe that they can do it. It'd be absolutely amazing if they won it, but I can't see past Portsmouth.

Cardiff
    Bet you couldn't see past Chelsea before the game today, or past United for most of the game this morning. Is all part of the fun of the FA cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Bristol Rovers
    Barnsley :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭BobbyD10

Middlesborough
    I'm going for West Brom. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Middlesborough
    Portsmouth, Middlesbrough and West Brom have got to be considered the favourites but at the same time you could easily see them being knocked out by the others

if West Brom don't bottle it (Like they have done alot in the league this season) they are definitely the best equipped non-premiership team to win it but the semi final draw will be more crucial than ever for the destiny of this years Cup,

i'll go with West Brom, very decent team, should get past Bristol Rovers tomorrow, dark horses because there is no Barnsley-esque mania surrounding them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭pd101

Middlesborough
    I'd love to see Portsmouth win it but I don't think they'll handle the favourites tag very well, so I'll go with West Brom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Bristol Rovers
    DesF wrote: »
    I hope barnsley do, but it will be pompey, imo..

im not sure about that, forgetting the utd match (because i havent seen it), pompy can thank their lucky starts they are wer they are now! they SHOULD HAVE lost to preston, if it wasnt for a terrible penalty (props to james but any decent keeper would have saved it) and a rediculous og they would be out, or would have had another match before the utd one.

the dream story would be for barnsley to do it, and i would love it (no i am not keegan) if they won, they had the hardest run through of everyone and made it through, morethan deserve it, it would be the fa cup fairy tale!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Barnsley
    please please please don;t say Pompey. you've all been predicitng Man U to win it, then after they went out you all predicted Chelsea, Now it's Pompey's turn.

Please don't jinx us like you did the other two:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

please please please don;t say Pompey. you've all been predicitng Man U to win it, then after they went out you all predicted Chelsea, Now it's Pompey's turn.

Please don't jinx us like you did the other two:D

ask jackdaw to pick his winner

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Barnsley
    im not sure about that, forgetting the utd match (because i havent seen it), pompy can thank their lucky starts they are wer they are now! they SHOULD HAVE lost to preston, if it wasnt for a terrible penalty (props to james but any decent keeper would have saved it) and a rediculous og they would be out, or would have had another match before the utd one.

the dream story would be for barnsley to do it, and i would love it (no i am not keegan) if they won, they had the hardest run through of everyone and made it through, morethan deserve it, it would be the fa cup fairy tale!

we were lucky against Ipswich as well.

It does make you think..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Bristol Rovers
    we were lucky against Ipswich as well.

It does make you think..........

its the joys of the FA cup! ya gotta love it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Barnsley
    pd101 wrote: »
    I'd love to see Portsmouth win it but I don't think they'll handle the favourites tag very well
    They do really have a world class defence though. I can't see past Pompey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Bristol Rovers
    eirebhoy wrote: »
    They do really have a world class defence though. I can't see past Pompey.

World class?

No chance

Good defence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Barnsley
    No matter who wins it now its a fairytale story but it really would be amazing if Barnsley won it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Cardiff
    Voted 'boro to stop same happening.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Bristol Rovers
    Barnsley duh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Barnsley
    Unearthly wrote: »
    World class?

No chance

Good defence
    16 goals conceded in the 25 games since the high scoring Reading game. And you can be sure they had a lot to deal with in most of those 25 games unlike your Man Utd's and Barelona's. They're as hard a team to score against as any imo. Not only are their 4 defenders excellent but they usually have 3 midfielders that are very good defensively too.

Bristol Rovers
    Plus they have David James in goal! They defence was simply fantastic today

Cardiff
    Was helped by some woeful finishing too mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Bristol Rovers
    I'm rooting for Barnsley now. Just thinking of them winning it, it would be hilarious.

Bristol Rovers
    Barnsley are 5/1 on Laddys if you're so inclined!

Barnsley
    Daemonic, dobsdave, heyjude, LeixlipRed, mike65, musician, Stekelly, Thanx 4 The Fish

I got some bad news :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Barnsley
    This is a head v heart thing

The head says Portsmouth for all the obvious reasons

The heart says Barnsley any team that beats both Liverpool and Chelsea etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Barnsley
    nobody. everyone will forget to show up because none of the big teams are in it and so the final will be abandoned.

• Advertisement

Barnsley
    I tell ya, I bet the FA are extremely pissed off. Gona lose loads of money in TV sponsorship, also are gona have trouble filling the stadium with their sponsers. It's probably good for the fans of the clubs to be honest, they'll probably all get tickets which is great to see :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Cardiff
    My voodoo hoodoo working again! :p

Mike.

Advertisement