Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Selling Shares

• 08-03-2008 10:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,850 ✭✭✭✭

Right lads, just wondering how does one go about selling shares, if they have the the certicate themselvese.

In the past i've sold shares, simply because the brokes had the certicate, so i could just ring up with reference number and sell what ever amount i wished.

But a few years ago, i bought shares in a particular company and was sent the certicate and details in the post - So how do i sell them? Can i just go to a branch of the bank which i bought them through or what?

Thanks for any help,
    -Ace-

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,850 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭portomar

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Anyone?

sorry ace, ironically enough, many people on here, myself included, have never owned a share! id say maybe give davy stockbrokers a call directly and they will most likely be able to buy them from you, or if not, theyd certainly know where to direct you. good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 macmad

Hey, yeah, you will need to post/give the share certs to your stockbroker or bank when you ask them to sell. Check with your broker but you may be able to sell now and then stick the certs in the post as the settlement period is T+3 (i think!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 lled14

Before you post the cert to your broker you need to sign it first in the space provided. If the back is blank (some certs are) you will need to sign a form provided by your broker before they can sell the shares. Campbell O'Connor are the cheapest I have found in Ireland. Sharewatch are good too at €50 for Irish and UK shares but will not handle US certificates.

Advertisement