Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why Oh Why? Pr+me T+me

Options
  • 08-03-2008 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

how come Portarlington always gets a mention on this programme. lately it was 'fighting on the street' caught on camara outside the BOI. before it was a 'drive by shooting', before that it was a 'brothel'. we also if i,m not mistaken appeared about a drugs shipment been found here. for such a small town we're punching above our weight. i.ve come to the conclusion somebody living in Portarlington is working for this programme and getting them cheap footage. surely the town,s not that bad. any comments?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭undecided

ive never noticed much trouble around the town it seems tha as soon as there is its put on this show! I know there are a few undesireables living about the town but hasn't every town got a few... might suit them better to highlight the fact that we have very limited garda sevice for a town with a large population!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

portarlington has always had a bad reputation so it has. it always traditionally been an undesirable town to a lot of people and has got a lot of mentions on tv and in books. i second that somewhon is working from prime time and living in portarlington. nevertheless, iv been watching the down erode socially for the last ten years anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Ruby-J

ive never experience any of this and im here a year now...i hope i never do experience it. but imho i think port is a lovely place.

Ruby-J wrote: »
    ive never experience any of this and im here a year now...i hope i never do experience it. but imho i think port is a lovely place.

iv experienced reading about it in books seriously and jokingly. shootings at the halting site, stabbings at the halting site. drive by shootings. drug seizures. a stabbing a few months ago in railway mews. hit and run in railways mews. house raids at railways mews. pub raided for drugs a few years back. senseless fighting down the town every saturday night for as long as i can remember. guards very badly asaulted. publicans assaulted with bricks. break ins. i can go on. all towns do have simalar problems, portalringtons have been highlighted quite a lot in the media though, so it sheds a bad light on the town unfortunaly

you'v had no experience of this, good for you ruby, but the longer you will live in port its inevitable some of this will cross your path at some stage, but that just cant be helped. i hope not though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭ports best

we all hear about all these things that happen in port, but do ya know why we never see any of it happening, its because were decent enough people and work hard for our livelyhoods, most of the people that cause harm dont work id say and are just useless feckers, thats what i think anyway

• Advertisement

ports best wrote: »
    we all hear about all these things that happen in port, but do ya know why we never see any of it happening, its because were decent enough people and work hard for our livelyhoods, most of the people that cause harm dont work id say and are just useless feckers, thats what i think anyway
    No your dead right!

like when i go out on saturday nights i never ever see 1 row but yet on sunday morning down in the local shop i hear that some one got stabbed down town last night, thats what im on about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 livesinport

I always see fights down the town in port and have heard plenty of people talking about open drug taking in one pub in particular which seems to have a lot of fights surprise surprise. Thankfully I've not seen any of the more heavy violence but I don't doubt it's there

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭undecided

Just reading through previous threads and thought i'd put in another tuppence worth!

if publicly port has such a bad reputation for trouble in the town why is it then that its not as publicly known about the riduclous provision of garda provided for a town of such a big population!??

......maybe if this was highlighted and rectified port would have even less trouble!

Was in p/laoise the other day and came accross quite a few major undesireables that I recognised from Dublin.......not being smart but either they are coming down here because they can get away with blue murder due to the lack of gardai or....maybe the docs down here give out the scripts for what they want more freely ..... my opinion its probably both!

i second that motion undecided its a good point you make

• Advertisement
Advertisement