Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Make St. Patrick's Day an official holiday in the US!

• 08-03-2008 11:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, Guinness are running a petition in the States to have St. Patrick's Day made an official national holiday, they need a million signatures to the online petition by St. Patrick's Day and they're still shy of 200,000 so follow the link below and give their campaign a hand! Don't be afraid to link it from your blogs or homepages, every signature counts!

http://proposition317.com/stpats.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

No online petition ever achieved anything! Apart from voting some unknown Irish footballer as player of the century at AC Milan

Ok idea, isn't Columbus day already there for the Italian-Americans and Martin Luther King Day for the blacks.
    So, maybe it can be introduced but only if the Native-Americans get a day too, do they have one? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Can I have my 5 seconds back? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

micmclo wrote: »
    No online petition ever achieved anything! Apart from voting some unknown Irish footballer as player of the century at AC Milan

Ok idea, isn't Columbus day already there for the Italian-Americans and Martin Luther King Day for the blacks.
    So, maybe it can be introduced but only if the Native-Americans get a day too, do they have one? :confused:
    I'll agree to this, but only if the Choctaw tribe are given a national holiday in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Terry wrote: »
    I'll agree to this, but only if the Choctaw tribe are given a national holiday in Ireland.

once I get a day off work I don't really care who the holiday is for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

micmclo wrote: »

The entire month of November is dedicated to Native American history, culture and values.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Why would I want to make it a national holiday in the US :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Why would I want to make it a national holiday in the US :confused:
    You could try London. I hear it's a paradise.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

You could try London. I hear it's a paradise.

?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 950 ✭✭✭EamonnKeane

Well then I want a day off on Saint Casimir's day (Polish patron saint)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

No! The americans would wreck it with all their rules and having everything perfect. The Irish way is much better: Drinking as much as possible with absolutely no boundaries. The Americans don't drink enough. And knacker drinking/teenage drinking is absolutely non-existant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

It's not a Holiday there already? o.O

They got a holiday for everything but this? I'm surprised :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Can you direct me to the site of their firewater sales company where I can register my vote before the moon has set.

Let you be honoured with the title of Mosholapubbee.
    (He who puts out and slays pints of stout)
    How!

Advertisement