Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Of The Sea

Options
  • 09-03-2008 12:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

What does everyone think of it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Lizzykins

In my top 10 of best books ever. There is not a word out of place. A masterpiece.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

I read it a few years ago and loved it, I remember seeing it on Richard and Judy and thought it sounded like it was worth a read.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭randomguy

Great book. I almost didn't read it because his earlier stuff was pretty mediocre. Really glad I gave it a chance.
    Redemption Falls, his follow-up, got some good reviews too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Fursey

Brilliant IMO an Irish masterpiece.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Chumpski

Brilliant, well worth a read. Redemption Falls is very good too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭Sconsey

I really enjoyed it, would recommend it. It was great to read a story that is set in old Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

It's one of my favourite books. I was disappointed by Redemption Falls, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭HAPPYGIRL

Brilliant book. i thought it was really sad though. Man's inhumanity to man is shocking, but it was skillfully protrayed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Lizzykins

I read Redemption Falls recently and while it was difficult to get into, was well worth reading. Joseph O'Connor is a marvellous writer and the atmosphere of 19th century America was well drawn.

Advertisement