Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motivation?

Options
  • 09-03-2008 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭

I'd like to study, I plan to do it, but then I just end up doing something else. I realise I'm going to have to start soon but I guess I'm just way too laid-back. I need a minimum of about 350 points to do a course I like (and possibly more) and was just wondering if you guys had any good tips to make you "just do it"?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I go to supervised study because I don't work at all at home. It sounds kinda gay but it really does, at leats it does where I go because you get in trouble for not working

• Registered Users Posts: 83,534 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

+1 for supervised study. It gets you into the rhythym and once you pick that up its easy to continue. Sign into the supervised study.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

What I find works best for me is to make myself sit down and start work before I have a chance to do anything else. Of course, the making oneself sit down is the hard bit... But if you come home from school and instead of going "ah, i'll relax for a bit and then start work", you just get to it and stay in "school mode", as it were, it works better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Chunky Monkey

Last year I lived with three very noisy lads. So while they were playing their heavy metal and playstation I escaped to the roof to listen to the birds and study chemistry which was quite relaxing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

I find that going to a library really helps. I know it sounds really nerdy and all, but I swear, I owe my good mock results to it.

I borrowed my friend's library card and used a university library nearby.

There's a lot less distractions than there are at home. And a real kinda study environment. Really easy to concentrate.
    Very helpful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Ri na hEireann

Motivation? What motivates me is the fact that my results in effect determine how big of a house,how fast a car and how good-looking a wife I will have in later life...There's no other way of looking at it.
    For the sake of one years sudy I think I'll do the work this year.
    Remember do the leaving cert once and do it well. A year repeated is a years' wages lost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭stripypumkin

how big of a house,how fast a car and how good-looking a wife I will have in later life....

jeez..u really have it all planned out! im impressed!

Yeah, what else is there to life like...

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Ri na hEireann

Yeah, what else is there to life like...

I still go out every Sat night there has to be a balance like.

My implication was actually the loftier one of there being more to life than material possessions.

• Advertisement
Advertisement