Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone go to swimming pool in rathmines?

Options
  • 09-03-2008 1:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

just wondering if it gets very busy in the evening or at the weekends? Nothin worse than a packed pool

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Where's the swimming pool in rathmines?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭speedy2007

hmm..according to my map its on the lower rathmines road, i havent gone down there to have a look...maybe my map is out of date or something

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭speedy2007

or ....maybe its closed for re-development lol, i just found this:

Rathmines Swimming Pool

This pool has closed for redevelopment. The new leisure centre is expected to open late 2009 / early 2010.

crap, any other pools close to that area??

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

You mustn't have been there in a while. It's been completely demolished and they're building a new pool, gym and apartments. No swimming this year! Try Terenure College pool, perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

speedy2007 wrote: »
    any other pools close to that area??

The Markievicz Leisure Centre

on Townsend Street, Dublin 2.

or

TERENURE COLLEGE SWIMMING POOL

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

I used to go there when I was younger.It was the only pool that was within walking distance from where I live.It used to get way too packed and hence it was fairly crap.Hopefully the newer one will be bigger and they will only allow a certain number in at a time

• Registered Users Posts: 78,421 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I think there is a gym up near Cowper that has a pool.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

http://www.mespilpool.com/ about 10-15 mins walk from Rathmines.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭picorette

Anybody know when new Rathmines Pool opening?

Advertisement