Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damaged Mavic Cosmos rim.

Options
  • 09-03-2008 1:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

Guys,

I'm looking for advice I bought a pair of black Mavic Cosmos wheels from CRC just before Christmas 06 and was very happy with them and although I haven't done huge mileage since (not as much as I would have liked anyway) , I recently ran over something on the road with the front wheel on exactly the weld point of rim and created a flat section on it, this isn't really noticable only when braking but nonetheless the rim is knackered. I been quoted €85 today for having the wheel rebuilt on existing hub with new 24 hole Cosmos rim.

My questions are:

1. Am I right in thinking this is very dear. ( I paid €111.00 for this wheel although it was reduced at the time)?

2.These wheels seem to be discontinued and if they are what would be a replacement rim of similar quality in 24 hole preferably Mavic?

Cheers.:cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

When you buy a Mavic wheel new, chances are it's been built in a factory using a machine. The rebuild will be done by hand, so is much more labour intensive and will cost more.

Advertisement