Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Through the Fire and Flames Expert

Options
  • 09-03-2008 2:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

i just finally beat Through the Fire and Flames on Expert
    only 3 stars though but i did it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭slimbun

Congrats, a feat not to be sniffed at! You anywhere near the south east by any chance? Fancy doing it for me?!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭SameDifference

I had to do it on practice mode for 3 days before I could even attempt to do it on career.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭dbs_sailor

mortenera wrote: »

wpwp.

I think this should be stickied for constant TTFAF chatter!

I can demolish it on Hard and basically everything else on expert. The only thing is the intro.

Right now I'm strumming the red, yellow, orange, blue notes and holding the green for the pulloff/hammeron.

Any tips on this section would be great! I can play it on "slow" but the minute I go up to normal speed it becomes impossible somehow.

Do you strum every note?

Do you strum the first one and hammer the rest with your eyes closed while smoking a cigarette, getting a bj and eating a burger???

It's tough lads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭slimbun

I can pass the intro on expert, but can't beat it. My best advice would be the elastic band on the green button trick, and also when you strum the other notes get your finger off the button asap, or else your miss the pull off to green.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

I've been practicing the intro for about a week now,i use my right index finger orange and my left hand for the others.
    Yesterday I got 3% into it before failing...thats my new record:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Toolbag

I can breeze through it pretty easily on hard now, haven't taken on expert really yet.

Meanwhile, this iamchris4life dude keeps getting closer to 100% on expert

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkR_eue_RHU

do you lads tap it or strum the non-green notes?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

conanm wrote: »
    do you lads tap it or strum the non-green notes?

Tap all the way. Strumming in the intro is a recipe for failure. I tap the first two non-G notes... So:

RGYG

With my left hand, then tap the rest with 2 hands, left hand for G and R, right hand for Y, B and O... Easy as pie... getting the tapping started is the tough part!!!:(

Tap all the way. Strumming in the intro is a recipe for failure. I tap the first two non-G notes... So:

RGYG

With my left hand, then tap the rest with 2 hands, left hand for G and R, right hand for Y, B and O... Easy as pie... getting the tapping started is the tough part!!!:(

but holy **** if you miss a note you get sent to bed with no supper!

those fans are brutal man.

i was trying to strum the non greens but getting dominated. the thing is basically the same as the hard version only you just holy down green and gtfo the notes as quick as you can i thought!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

but holy **** if you miss a note you get sent to bed with no supper!

those fans are brutal man.

i was trying to strum the non greens but getting dominated. the thing is basically the same as the hard version only you just holy down green and gtfo the notes as quick as you can i thought!!!

Ya, reason I tap with 2 hands is necessity. I can't lift my ring and pinky finger on my left hand fast enough, tapping is fine though.

Also, yup, miss a note and it's instant fail for me, but it's an easy enough pattern. I've 100% the intro before. Again, the hardest part for me is starting those first few notes!!!

• Advertisement

i was just watching this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxoN1CW0Zpc and noticed how he is using his right hand for the green button and playing everything else with his left.
    I might try this technique :cool:

Holy sh!t

I just passed the intro for the first time today and got to 68% before failing at the solo.
    Oddly enough,I didnt get the star mania achievement even though I activated star power 4 times :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

A tips section would be great as I'm still f*cking brutal and can't get anywhere on career in hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

I still need someone else to strum the for me whilst I tap the intro.
    I've gotten to 84% but fail.

I've 5 stared every career song on expert except raining blood which is 4 stars!

I just beat it :D

I'm so hyper right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Should have watched the tournament last night on gamepost

The dude who won got 800,000 and hit 95% of the notes...on expert :P playin in a battle with some other competitor

What a score underpressure ///it was the final match...for $1000

http://www.gamespot.com/tournaments/gh3-mar08/tv.php?om_clk=hometabtv

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

That's just insane! I still can't clear the bloody thing, gah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭solace

Eugh, I can get like 79% in practice mode but it's the intro that gets me. The only song I can't do on expert... I was stuck on Cult of Personality for ages. Mental, I could beat Cliffs of Dover and Number of the Beast handy in Quickplay but COP... grrr...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Just cleared the intro there about 4 times, kept failing around 60% as I tried to hold onto my SP.

It's amazing what you can accomplish during an exam week. :p

• Advertisement

right lads.

radiohead tonight but after that i've stocked up on beer and cheap trash food to help the training. i will get this cleared by monday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Seems this iamchris4life finally got 100% without a bot
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=S5GpRJItqjw

right lads.

radiohead tonight but after that i've stocked up on beer and cheap trash food to help the training. i will get this cleared by monday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How long have you been practicing it?
    Stev_o wrote: »
    Seems this iamchris4life finally got 100% without a bot
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=S5GpRJItqjw

Theres already a thread on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭brennaldo

woooooooooo! yeah! i just did it, i beat slow ride on easy yeah! im such a ledgend! hahaha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 trb 93

mortenera wrote: »

the best i ever did on through the fire and flames was 1%

Advertisement